History of IUFRO Division 3
Forest Operations Engineering and Management became an autonomous IUFRO body after the 1948 IUFRO World Congress, held in Zurich, Switzerland. It was then called
- Section 32 "Operational Efficiency" until 1972, when its name changed to
- Section 32 "Forest Operations and Techniques".
After the 1971 IUFRO World Congress, held in Gainsville, USA, it became
- Division 3 "Forest Operations and Techniques", which changed to
- Division 3 "Forest Operations " after the 2000 World Congress.
Division’s 3 brand should automatically „activate links“ to the broader scientific community. Division 3 was therefore renamed to
- Division 3 "Forest Operations Engineering and Management",
which emphasizes the relations to Industrial Engineering and Management, or Operations Engineering and Management, respectively.