Activities and events
This page is additionally available in the following languages:
(no activities this month)
Vegetation Response to Climate Change and Air Pollution – Unifying Evidence and Research from Northern and Southern Hemisphere; Ilhéus, Bahia, Brazil; 1-6 September 2013. Units involved: 7.01.00. 7.01.02. Conference homepage - Conference announcement
- Biological Reaction of Forests to Climate and Air Pollution; Kaunas, Lithuania; 18-27 May 2012. Conference homepage – Report
- COST Action FP0903 Conference "Ozone, climate change and forests"; Prague, Czech Republic; 14-16 June 2011. Units involved: 7.01.00, 7.01.02. Conference homepage
- Fourth International Conference on Plant and Environmental Pollution; Lucknow, India; 8-11 December 2010.
Conference homepage: http://isebindia.com/icpep-4/icpep-4.html
- Mixed and Pure Forests in a Changing World 2010; Vila Real, Portugal; 6-8 October 2010. Units involved: 1.00.00, 4.00.00, 7.01.00. Conference homepage
- XXIII IUFRO World Congress; Seoul, Republic of Korea; 23-28 August 2010. Sessions with 7.01.00 participation:
- Session C-10 Impact of global environmental change on forest ecosystem services; Coordinator Pavel Cudlin, pavelcu(at)usbe.cas.cz
- Session D-04 Pollution and climate change impacts in Asia; Coordinator He Shang, shanghechina(at)126.com
- Session D-09 Changes in Climate and Air Pollution – New Directions in Forest Monitoring, Research and Modeling; Coordinator Marcus Schaub, marcus.schaub(at)wsl.ch
- Session G-01 Forest health in a changing environment; Coordinator Elena Paoletti, e.paoletti(at)ipp.cnr.it
- Session G-03 Effect of multiple ecosystem stressors on tree and forest ecosystem health; Coordinator Nancy E. Grulke, ngrulke(at)fs.fed.us
- People, Forests and the Environment: Coexisting in Harmony; Casablanca, Morocco; 25-27 May 2010. Units involved: 4.02.01, 8.00.00, 7.01.00, 1.00.00.
Conference homepage: http://sylvamonde.110mb.com/welcome.htm
Conference report: http://www.iufro.org/download/file/5661/1767/casablanca10-report.doc/
- 24th IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems: Adaptation of Forest Ecosystems to Air Pollution and Climate Change; Antalya, Turkey; 22-26 March 2010. Units involved: 7.01.00, 7.01.03.
Conference webpage: http://www.orman.istanbul.edu.tr/ormankonferans/index.php/2/iufro/index
- Plant Functioning in a Changing Global Environment; Creswick, Victoria, Australia; 7-12 December 2008.
Conference homepage: http://www.apgc.eu/Home
- 23rd IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems; Murten, Switzerland; 7-12 September 2008.
Conference homepage: http://www.wsl.ch/iufro_ch_2008/index_EN?redir=1&
- International Conference on Forests, Bioenergy and Climate Change; Casablanca, Morocco; 25-26 March 2008
Message from Dr. Ahmed Djoghlaf Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) on the occasion of the conference: http://www.iufro.org/download/file/2540/2792/casablanca08-cbd-djoghlaf.pdf/
- COST Strategic Workshop 2008 – "Forest ecosystems in a changing environment: identifying future monitoring and research needs"; Istanbul, Turkey; 10-12 March 2008
Other meetings co-organized by 7.01.00 scientists
- Urban Environmental Pollution; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; 17-20 June 2012. Conference homepage. Elena Paoletti, Deputy Coordinator of 7.01.00 – Impacts of air pollution and climate change on forest ecosystems
- FOCUS Project coordinating critical loads development across the United States and submission of critical loads data in response to the call for data from The Working Group on Effects and National Focal Centres of the International Cooperative Programme on Modelling and Mapping; Denver, Colorado; April 2010
- ICP-Forests/FutMon Training Course on the Assessment of Ozone Visible Injury; Valencia, Spain; September 2010 (UNECE/ICP-Forests)
- ICP-Forests Programme Coordinating Group Meeting; Rome, Italy: October 2010 (UNECE/ICP-Forests)
- National Atmospheric Deposition Program (NADP) Annual Conference; Truckee, California, USA; November 2010
- International Conference "Forest ecosystem genomics and adaptation"; San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Madrid), Spain; 9-11 June 2010. Conference homepage: http://www.ecosystemgenomics2010.fgua.es). Session G2 "Evolutionary responses under climate change" was chaired by Gerhard Müller-Starck, Coordinator IUFRO 7.01.04
- COST FP601 Forest Management and Water Cycle; Antalya; Turkey
- 7.01.01. FutMon Task Force Meeting; Tampere, Finland; February 2010 (UNECE/ICP-Forests)
- ICP-Forests Task Force Meeting; Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany; May 2010 (UNECE/ICP-Forests)
- International Conference on Ozone, Climate Change and Forests (COST Action FP0903 Climate Change and Forest Mitigation and Adaptation in a Polluted Environment); Prague, Czech Republic; 14-16 June 2011. Conference homepage
- 8th Air Pollution Global Change Symposium entitled "Plant Functioning in a Changing Global and Polluted Environment"; Groningen, The Netherlands; 5-9 June 2011. Conference homepage
- Urban Environmental Pollution – UEP 2010: Overcoming Obstacles to Sustainability and Quality of Life; Boston, USA; 20-23 June 2010.
Conference homepage: http://www.uep2010.com/
- 7th Workshop on Sulfur in Plants; Warsaw, Poland; 13-18 May 2008
Conference homepage: http://7sw.ibb.waw.pl/
- 40th Annual Air Pollution Workshop and Symposium Series Pre-Workshop Symposium "Air Pollution in a Changing World" on 6 April 2008; Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States; 7-10 April 2008
Conference homepage: http://www.apworkshop.org/