Activities and events
- 7th Annual Meeting of the IAWA-China Group: Strengthening the protection and utilization of forestry resources, broadening research field of wood anatomy and wood science; Lin-an, Zhejiang, China; 28-29 November 2020. IUFRO Units involved: 5.16.00, 5.06.00. Conference homepage - Report
- Characterizing Properties of Plantation Wood for Optimal Value – Technical Session C5a at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019. Units involved: 5.01.09, 5.01.10 and 5.06.00.
The future supply of forest-based products will increasingly be obtained from fast-grown plantations. The economic imperative continuously seeks shorter rotations to meet the needs of a growing market which creates the unintended effect of lowering many wood quality attributes. Accurate characterization of properties of plantation wood is key for delivering the appropriate wood to markets and optimizing wood value and business competitiveness. This session presents the research advances in using innovative nondestructive testing technologies to evaluate plantation wood, track wood quality information through the forest products value chain, and improve production efficiency and end-products performance. Specifically, this session will focus on the use of innovative methods/strategies to maximize the use of plantation wood and facilitate the manufacturing of various wood products (structural and nonstructural).
- IAWA-IUFRO International Symposium for Updating Wood Identification; Beijing, China; 20–22 May 2019. Units involved: 5.06.00, 5.16.00. Conference homepage - Flyer - Report
- 9th Pacific Regional Wood Anatomy Meeting (PRWAC); 26-28 September 2017; Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. Units involved: 5.01.00, 5.06.00, 5.16.00. Conference homepage - Report
- Seventh Joint Seminar of China-Korea-Japan on Wood Quality and Utilization of Domestic Species "Challenge from traditional products to new materials"; Changsha, China; 21-23 October 2012
- 2012 IUFRO All-Division 5 Conference; Lisbon, Portugal; 8-13 July 2012. Business meeting: Report
Send comments to Roger Meder (Coordinator)