Publications and references
- International Conference on Ozone and Plant Ecosystems; Florence, Italy; 21-25 May 2018. Units involved: 7.01.00, 7.01.02, 7.01.05, 7.01.09. Scientific summary
- 27th IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems; Nice, France; 1.5 June 2015. Scientific summary
- 23rd IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems; Murten, Switzerland; 7-12 September 2008. Report
- 22nd RG meeting Forests under Influence of Air Pollution, Climate Change and Urban Development, Riverside, California, September 10-15, 2006. State-of-Knowledge Report
- Forests between Air Pollution and Climate Change - Session 065 - Friday 12 August 2005, IUFRO World Congress, Brisbane, Australia: State-of Knowledge Report
- 21th RG meeting Forests Under Changing Climate, Enhanced UV And Air Pollution; Oulu, Finland; 27-30 August 2004. State-of-Knowledge Report
- 20th RG meeting Long Term Air Pollution Effect on Forest Ecosystems; Zvolen, Slovak Republic; 30 August – 1 September 2002. State-of-Knowledge Report
- International Conference on Ozone and Plant Ecosystems; Florence, Italy; 21-25 May 2018. Units involved: 7.01.00, 7.01.02, 7.01.05, 7.01.09. Book of Abstracts
Proceedings published in:
Virtual Special Issue (VSI) in Science of the Total Environment (IF2016=4.900), https://www.journals.elsevier.com/science-of-the-total-environment/
Article Collection 'Forests and Ozone Pollution' within Forests and the atmosphere, specialty section of Frontiers in Forests and Global Change, https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/8280/interactions-between-ozone-pollution-and-forest-ecosystems
Special issue "Air Pollution and Plant Ecosystems" in the open access journal Climate, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/climate/special_issues/ozone_plant_ecosystems
- 28th IUFRO conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Impacts on Forest Ecosystems: "Actions for Sustainable Forest Ecosystems under Air Pollution and Climate Change"; Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan; 22-26 October 2017.
A total of 8 papers are published in the following two journals.
Journal of Plant Research (3 papers): https://link.springer.com/journal/10265/131/6
Journal of AgriculturalMeteorology (5 papers):https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/agrmet/list/-char/en
- Biannual Research Group 7.01.00 meeting "Global Challenges of Air Pollution and Climate Change to Forests"; Nice, France; 1-5 June 2015.
Proceedings are published in two journals:
- Biological Reaction of Forests to Climate and Air Pollution; Kaunas, Lithuania; 18-27 May 2012. Book of Abstracts
Press release of Bonn University on paper by Jürgen Burkhardt: http://www3.uni-bonn.de/Press-releases/the-contribution-of-particulate-matter-to-forest-decline
- 24th IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems: Adaptation of Forest Ecosystems to Air Pollution and Climate Change; Antalya, Turkey; 22-26 March 2010.
Proceedings published in iForest (2011), Vol. 4, http://www.sisef.it/iforest/index.php?action=browse&by=collection and in Environmental Pollution (2011), vol. 159, issue 5, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/issue/5917-2011-998409994-3076757
- Bytnerowicz, A., Cayan, D., Riggan, P., Schilling, S., Dawson, P., Tyree, M., Wolden, L., Tissell, R., Preisler, H. (2010) Analysis of the effects of combustion emissions and Santa Ana winds on ambient ozone during the October 2007 southern California wildfires. Atmos. Environ., 44, 678-687.
- Bytnerowicz, A., Fraczek, W., Schilling, S., Alexander, D. (2010) Spatial and temporal distribution of ambient nitric acid and ammonia in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region, Alberta. J. Limnol., 69 (Suppl. 1), 11-21, 2010 - DOI: 10.3274/JL10-69-S1-03.
- Cisneros, R., Bytnerowicz, A., Schweizer, D., Zhong, S., Traina, S., Bennett, D. H. (2010) Ozone, nitric acid, and ammonia air pollution is unhealthy for people and ecosystems in southern Sierra Nevada, California. Environ. Pollut., in press.
- Fenn, M., E. B. Allen, S. B. Weiss, S. Jovan, L. H. Geiser, G. S. Tonnesen, R. F. Johnson, L. E. Rao, B. S. Gimeno, F. Yuan, T. Meixner, A. Bytnerowicz (2010) Nitrogen critical loads and management alternatives for N-impacted ecosystems in California. J. Environ. Manag., in press.
- Lorenz, M., Clarke, N., Paoletti, E., Bytnerowicz, A., Grulke, N., Lukina, N. Sase, H., Staelens, J. (2010) Air pollution impacts on forests in changing climate. In: G. Mery et al. (eds). Forest and Society – Responding to Global Drivers of Change. IUFRO World Series, Vol.25, International Union of Forest Research Organizations, Vienna, Austria, 55-74.
- Paoletti E, Schaub M, Matyssek R, Wieser G, Augustaitis A, Bastrup-Birk AM, Bytnerowicz A, Günthardt-Goerg MS, Müller-Starck G, Serengil Y (2010) Advances of air pollution science: from forest decline to multiple-stress effects on forest ecosystem services. Environmental Pollution 158:1986–1989.
- Schaub M, Emberson L, Ferretti M (2010) Changes in climate and air pollution - new directions in forest monitoring, research and modeling. Session D-09 during XXIII IUFRO World Congress, 23-28 August 2010, Seoul, Korea. International Forestry Review, Vol. 12(5), 233-235.
- Schaub M, Matyssek R, Wieser G (2010) Preface to the special section of the IUFRO conference on air pollution and climate change effects on forest ecosystems. Environmental Pollution 158:1985.
Abstracts of the 2010 International Conference "Forest ecosystem genomics and adaptation" in El Escorial, a book of abstracts was published (www.ecosystemgenomics2010.fgua.es).
- 23rd IUFRO Conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Effects on Forest Ecosystems; Murten, Switzerland; 7-12 September 2008. Special issues of:
Environmental Pollution 158(6): http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405856/description#description (see Issues) and
European Journal of Forest Research 129(3): http://www.springerlink.com/content/m2802m187672/?sortorder=asc&v=expanded
- Plant Functioning in a Changing Global Environment; Creswick, Victoria, Australia; Conference date: 7-11 December 2008
Link to online file: Abstracts (354 K, PDF)
Selection of papers: Special Issue: "Plant Functioning in a Changing Global Environment" of Plant Biology, Volume 11 Issue s1 - November 2009 (1-130)
- Bytnerowicz A., Arbaugh M., Fenn M., Sanchez Gimeno B., Paoletti E., (Eds.) 2008. Forests under Anthropogenic Pressure – Effects of Air Pollution, Climate Change and Urban Development. Environmental Pollution, 155(3): 389-542.
A selection of papers from the 22nd meeting for Specialists in Air Pollution Effects on Forest Ecosystems "Forests under Anthropogenic Pressure. Effects of Air Pollution, Climate Change and Urban Development", September 10-16, 2006, Riverside CA, USA.
- Serengil Y., Sheppard L., Johnson D., (Eds.) 2008. Nitrogen deposition. International Journal of Environmental Studies, 65 (3): 295-500.
A nitrogen issue edited by WG 7.01.03
- Bytnerowicz, A., Arbaugh, M., Fenn, M., Heath, R., Paoletti, E., Gimeno, B.S., (Eds.): 2007, Forests under Influence of Air Pollution, Climate Change and Urban Development. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL, 7(S1): 266 pp.
Proceedings of the 22nd meeting for Specialists in Air Pollution Effects on Forest Ecosystems "Forests under Anthropogenic Pressure. Effects of Air Pollution, Climate Change and Urban Development", September 10-16, 2006, Riverside CA, USA.
- Schaub M., Paoletti E. (Eds.): 2007, Special issue section: Air pollution and Climate Change: A Global Overview of the Effects on Forest Vegetation. Environmental Pollution, 147(3): 492-531.
Joint proceedings for the verbal presentations within the sessions 116 "Ozone Exposures and Effects on Forest Vegetation: A global Overview" and 065 "Forests between Air Pollution and Climate Change", IUFRO World Congress, August 2005, Brisbane, Australia. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=PublicationURL&_tockey=%23TOC%235917%232007%23998529996%23652855%23FLA%23&_cdi=5917&_pubType=J&_auth=y&_acct=C000044643&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=825107&md5=a792bb57d3d2dadcf55dbb5f6385a543
- Paoletti E., Schaub M., Bytnerowicz A. (Eds.): 2007, Special Section, Air Pollution and Climate Change: Key Studies of the Effects on Forest Vegetation. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 128 (1-3): 1-131 .
Joint proceedings for the poster presentations within the sessions 116 "Ozone Exposures and Effects on Forest Vegetation: A global Overview" and 065 "Forests between Air Pollution and Climate Change", IUFRO World Congress, August 2005, Brisbane, Australia.
- Günthardt-Goerg M. (Ed) 2006 Metal Fluxes and Stresses in Terrestrial Ecosystems. Forest, Snow, and Landscape Research, 80(2-3).
Selected papers from the WG 7.01.02 workshop, October 2005, Ascona, Switzerland.
- Huttunen S. (Ed) 2005, Forests Under Changing Climate, Enhanced UV and Air Pollution. Environmental Pollution, 137(3): 371-618.
Selected papers from the 21st biennial RG meeting, August 2004, Oulu, Finland.
- Paoletti E., 2005. Air Pollution and Climate Change – Sides of the Same Coin for Forests. IUFRO News, Volume 34, issue 10/2005, page 2.
- William J. Manning (2020) Trees and Global Warming - the role of forests in cooling and warming the atmosphere. Cambridge University Press isbn: 9781108471787
- The relative importance of nitrogen deposition and climate change on the sequestration of carbon by forests in Europe, Forest Ecology and Management, Special Issue, Volume 258, Issue 8, Pages 1735-1824 (25 September 2009). Edited by Wim de Vries.
2009 and 2010
The RG 7.01.00 newsletter is now circulated by the Mailing list FORCLIMAIR: http://www.iufro.org/science/divisions/division-7/70000/70100/mailing-list/
Issue 32, January 2008
- Ozone Injury on European Forest Ecosystems: http://www.gva.es/ceam/ICP-forests
- COST Action FP0903: Climate Change and Forest Mitigation and Adaptation in a Polluted Environment: http://w3.cost.esf.org/index.php?id=143&action_number=FP0903