Publications and references
The Journal of the Small-scale Forestry Unit highlights diverse dimensions small-scale, nonindustrial forests and location-specific problems of forests under fragmented owner-structure and/or special property rights arrangement.
From 2007 onward the Journal Small-scale Forestry will be be published by Springer and will be included in OARE and AGORA, two important initiatives for developing countries. These initiatives provide scientists, researchers, and policymakers in low-income countries with free or very low-cost online access to Springer journals.
Small-scale Forestry is published both in print and electronic format.
NEW: JOURNAL SUBSCRIPTION AT SPECIAL RATE
Individuals belonging to IUFRO member institutions and Associate Members of IUFRO are offered a special membership subscription for the online version of Small-scale Forestry (the offer does not apply to institutional subscribers).
The yearly subscription rate for 2008 / 2009 is € 35.00 / $42.00 which is a 50% discount off the normal individual rate.
To subscribe to the journal for this special price please click here for further instructions.
History of the Journal:
In 2002, the journal of Small-scale Forest Economics, Management and Policy (SFEMP) was established under the auspices of IUFRO Research Group 3.08.00 and the first issue released in August 2002. Volume 1 to 5 can be found at http://www.nrsm.uq.edu.au/journal
The first issue of Small-scale Forestry under Springer auspices was published in March 2007 and is available via the Springer webpage. Now also the second issue is available since June 2007.
- IUFRO 3.08.00 Small-scale Forestry Conference 2018 "Transformations Towards a New Era in Small Scale Forestry"; Vaasa, Finland; 11–13 June 2018. Book of Abstracts
- International IUFRO Symposium "Small-scale and Community Forestry and the Changing Nature of Forest Landscapes"; Sunshine Coast, Australia; 11-15 October 2015. Proceedings
- International IUFRO Symposium "Adaptation in Forest Management Under Changing Framework Conditions"; Sopron, Hungary; 19-23 May 2014. Units involved: 3.08.00, 4.05.00. Proceedings
- Future Directions of Small-Scale and Community-Based Forestry; Fukuoka, Japan; 8-12 September 2013. Units involved: 3.08.00, 6.08.00, 6.08.01. Proceedings - Report website (presentations, proceedings, photos)
- Small-Scale Forestry: Synergies and Conflicts in Social, Ecological and Economic Interactions; Freiburg, Germany; 24-28 July 2011. Abstracts - Proceedings
- International Symposium: Recent advances in land owner extension; Kuusamo, Finland; 3-5 April 2011. Proceedings
- Small Scale Forestry in a Changing World: Opportunities and Challenges and the Role of Extension and Technology Transfer; Bled, Slovenia; 6-12 June 2010. Units involved: 3.08.00, 6.06.01, 6.06.02. Proceedings
- Small scale forestry symposium "Forest Beyond the Trees: New possibilities and expectations for products and services from small-scale forestry"; Morgantown, West Virginia, United States; 7-11 June 2009. Abstracts - Proceedings
- Wall, S. (Ed) Small-scale Forestry and Rural Development: The intersection of ecosystems, economics and society; Proceedings from the Small-scale Forestry and Rural Development Conference held in Galway, Ireland, 18 – 23 June 2006.
- Baumgartner, D.M. (ed) Proceedings of Human Dimensions of Family, Farm and Community Forestry International Symposium, March 29-April 1, 2004. Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA. Washington State University Extension MISC0526.
View proceedings on-line: http://www.familyforestrysymposium.wsu.edu/Proceedings1/httpdocs/table-of-contents/index.html
View streaming videos of symposium presentations: http://familyforestrysymposium.wsu.edu/Video/index.html
View symposium photo album: http://www.familyforestrysymposium.wsu.edu/photoalbum/index.html
- Mizaras, S. (ed.) Proceedings of Small-scale Forestry in a Changing Environment, May 30-June 4, 2005, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Harrison, S.R., and Herbohn, J.L. Eds. (2001). Sustainable Farm Forestry in the Tropics: Social and Economic Analysis and Policy. Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 292 pp.
- EFI. 2001. Economic Sustainability of Small-scale Forests. EFI-Proceedings No. 36. The European Forest Institute, Torkatu 34, FIN-80100 Joensuu. PDF file for downloading.
- Simpson, C. (ed.). 1997. Forestry and Rural Development in Industrialised Countries: Where are we going? Edited by Caroline Simpson, Canadian Forest Service-Maritimes Region. Proceedings of IUFRO Symposium, 19 - 24 September 1993, Fredericton, Canada.
- Murashima, Y. (ed.). 1997. Sustainable management of small scale forestry. Proceedings of the IUFRO symposium in Kyoto. September 8-13, 1997. Graduate school of agriculture Kyoto University. Kyoto. 281p.
- Brandl. H. (ed.). 1995. Small-scale forestry: present problems and prospects for the future. Proceedings of the sessions organized by 3.08.00, “Small-Scale Forestry