World Congress 2024
XXVI IUFRO World Congress 2024
Stockholm, Sweden; 23-29 June 2024
FORESTS AND SOCIETY TOWARDS 2050
Congress website: https://iufro2024.com/
Congress Scientific Committee Chair: Elena Paoletti
View list of CSC members
Congress Organizing Committee Chair: Fredrik Ingemarson
IUFRO's Scientist Assistance Programme (SAP) aims to provide forest scientists, from economically disadvantaged countries, with financial assistance to participate in the XXVI IUFRO World Congress 2024, taking place in Stockholm, Sweden from 23 to 29 June 2024.
Scientists from countries shown in the list at the IUFRO-SPDC Congress SAP webpage will be eligible to apply for sponsorship:
Scientists may submit their applications through a SAP application form available at the IUFRO-SPDC Congress SAP webpage from 15 September.
|Timeline for the SAP call|
|15 Sep to 15 Nov 2023||Call for SAP applications open|
|15 Dec 2023||SAP acceptance decisions|
15 June 2022
Call for Session Proposals
1 February 2023
Call for abstracts
2 June 2023
Opening of online registration
30 April 2024
Final program available
|Elena Paoletti (Chair, Italy)|
Teresa Fonseca (Division 1, Portugal)
- Record High Interest in the World Congress - 7 September 2023
- Setting the Course for the IUFRO World Congress 2024 in Stockholm; 10 October 2018
- Challenges to be faced: Charlotte Bengtsson, CEO, and Magnus Thor, Director Research and Innovation, Skogforsk, on Forests and society towards 2050 – IUFRO World Congress 2024, Sweden
- Challenges to be faced: Olof Hansson, Head of Research and Development at Södra Skog, on Forests and Society Towards 2050 – IUFRO World Congress 2024, Sweden
- 9 excursions, 8 countries
- Challenges to be faced: Karin Fällman Lillqvist, Head of Sustainability at the Swedish Forest Society, on Forests and Society Towards 2050 – IUFRO World Congress 2024, Sweden
- Challenges to be faced: Peter Roberntz, Senior Advisor at WWF Sweden, on Forests and Society Towards 2050 – IUFRO World Congress 2024, Sweden
- International Day of Forests 2022 and IUFRO World Congress 2024 (video courtesy of International Wood Culture Society)
- Presenting the IUFRO World Congress 2024 at Expo 2020 Dubai on the International Day of Forests 2022 (video courtesy of International Wood Culture Society)
- Welcome to the IUFRO World Congress 2024
- Sweden applies for the IUFRO World Congress 2024
- IUFRO World Congress - Aim and scope
The Call for Abstracts for the XXVI IUFRO World Congress is open!
The Congress Scientific Committee welcomes submissions of abstracts for presentations in sub-plenary, technical and poster sessions.
To submit your abstract, please take the following steps:
Abstracts will be accepted until 15 June 2023.
Detailed information: https://iufro2024.com/call-for-congress-abstracts/
The XXVI IUFRO World Congress to be held from 23 to 29 June 2024 in Stockholm, Sweden provides us with another opportunity to honour outstanding scientific achievements and contributions to forestry with a range of IUFRO Awards. IUFRO is pleased to invite nominations for suitable candidates for the various categories of awards.
The deadline for submission of nominations was 25 May 2023.
Detailed information: Call for Nominations
The deadline for submission of Session Proposals has been extended to 31 October 2022!
The Congress Scientific Committee invites submission of session proposals for the 2024 IUFRO World Congress. In line with the spirit of the Congress title – Forest and Society towards 2050 ‐ the Congress Scientific Committee is developing a program that will highlight the forest contributions to the UN 2030 Agenda and its sustainable development goals. The Congress program will reflect the forest science community’s diverse contributions across the full range of natural and social science disciplines, with special emphasis on the themes and subthemes available at the Congress website https://iufro2024.com/congress-themes.
Detailed information: https://iufro2024.com/session-proposals