Building a Successful Forestry Career in Africa
Are you looking for a degree that allows you to develop your capacities, discover your passion, contribute to society, earn a living, and become a successful professional?
A forestry or forestry-related degree could be just right for you!
- features 23 inspiring stories of selected students, and young and established forestry professionals from 12 African countries, who have defied all odds with purpose, passion, as well as determination, and made giant strides in building a successful career in the forest sector;
- provides information about universities in Africa offering forest-related degree programmes, and local and international organizations providing networking opportunities to forestry students and early career professionals;
- gives valuable tips on securing scholarships to pursue forestry programmes; and
- provides insights into exciting forestry career opportunities beyond the forests.
This book is an output of the Young African Forestry Professionals Publications project (YAFP), an initiative of the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force on Forest Education and IUFRO-SPDC.
Onatunji, A. B., Owuor, J. A., Rodriguez-Piñeros, S., Babalola, F. D., Akello, S. and Adeyemi, O., 2021. Building a Successful Forestry Career in Africa: Inspirational Stories and Opportunities. International Union of Forest Research Organizations, Vienna, Austria. 120 p
ISBN Number: 978-3-903345-09-6
Universities offering forest and forest-related degrees in Africa can order free hardcopy: https://forms.gle/c1Xv32yeKH3AnYLt7
Virtual launch event recording: https://youtu.be/QJ4bgmmrohQ
For enquiries or feedback: jtf.education(at)ifsa.net
Download the English and French versions of the book:
- building-a-successful-forestry-career-in-africa.pdf19.21 Mi
- building-a-successful-forestry-career-in-africa-french.pdf16.63 Mi