Publications and references
- Webinar Series "Forest Mensuration and Modelling Chats": Modelling growth of natural forests with scarce data: challenges and a proposal; online; 19 July 2022, 9:05-10:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
Speaker: Dr. Christian Salas, Professor at the Centre for Ecosystem Modelling and Monitoring at the Universidad Mayor, Chile.
- Webinar Series "Forest Mensuration and Modelling Chats": Building your single-tree simulator in R with SiTree; online; 30 May 2022, 8:30-9:30 am Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Speaker: Dr. Clara Antón Fernández, Research Scientist with the Division of Forest and Forest Resources, NIBIO (Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy Research), Norway
- Webinar Series "Forest Mensuration and Modelling Chats": Forest carbon modelling: challenges and examples from Canada; online; 27 April 2022, 9:05-10:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Speaker: Dr. Céline Boisvenue, Research Scientist with the Canadian Forest Service
- Webinar Series "Forest Mensuration and Modelling Chats": Resilient and resistant urban forests: Adventures in statistical modeling of forest structure and response to disturbance; online; 30 March 2022, 9:05-10:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Speaker: Dr. Christina Staudhammer, Professor at the University of Alabama
- Webinar: Our favorite parts of the book - previously unpublished material, new research ideas, and things learned during writing; online; 23 February 2022, 9:05-10:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Speakers: Drs. Lauri Mehtätalo and Juha Lappi, Natural Resources Institute, Finland
- Individual-based Methods in Forest Ecology and Management. Authors: Pommerening, Arne, Grabarnik, Pavel. ISBN 978-3-030-24528-3. Springer. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030245276
- New Frontiers in Forecasting Forests 2018; Stellenbosch, South Africa; 25-27 September 2018. IUFRO Units involved: 4.01.00, 4.02.07, 4.03.00, 4.04.02, 5.01.04. Proceedings
Presentations in pdf format are available for download for registered users via links under each talk at http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/ff2018/NFFF2018/schedConf/schedule.
- Global change and Mediterranean pines: alternatives for management/Cambio global y pinos mediterráneos: alternativas para los gestores; Palencia, Spain; 10-12 February 2010. Units 1.01.10, 2.02.13, 4.01.00. Book of Abstracts
- Meeting multiple demands for forest information: New technologies in forest data gathering; Mount Gambier, Australia; 17-20 August 2009. Units involved: 4.01.00, 4.02.03, 6.15.00, 3.01.00. Book of Abstracts - Presentations
- Bravo, F., LeMay, V., Jandl, R. and Gadow, K. (Eds) 2008. /Managing forest ecosystems: the challenge of climate change. /Springer, 342 p, ISBN: 978-1-4020-8342-6; online preview
Send comments to Bianca Eskelson (Coordinator)