Publications and references
Analysis of Bio-Based Products for the Circular Economy; Guest editor: Prof. Dr. Richard Bergman, USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory. A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073).
The University of Bio-Bio, Department of Wood Engineering, offers researchers from all areas of wood science and technology the opportunity to publish in English or Spanish free-of-charge in the open-access international journal Maderas-Cienc Tecnol (ISSN 0717-3644 and e-ISSN 0718-221X) which is indexed in ISI-Thomson Reuters, Scopus-Elsevier, Scielo, etc. Link: http://www.revistamaderas.cl/
- Research Papers coordinated by 5.12.00 and published in Forest Ecology and Management:
- Batish, D.R.; Singh, H.P.; Kohli, R.K.; Kaur, S. 2008. Eucalyptus oil as a natural pesticide. Forest Ecology and Management, 256(12): 2166-2174.
- Bigsby, H. 2009. Carbon banking: creating flexibility for forest owners. Forest Ecology and Management, 257(1): 378-383.
- Lippke, B.; Perez-Garcia, J. 2008. Will either cap and trade or a carbon emissions tax be effective in monetizing carbon as an ecosystem service? Forest Ecology and Management, 256(12): 2160-2165.
- Nicholls, D.; Monserud, R.; Dykstra, D. In press. International bioenergy synthesis: lessons learned and opportunities for the western United States. Forest Ecology and Management (2009).
- Nybakk, E.; Crespell, P.; Hansen, E.; Lunnan, A. 2009. Antecedents to forest owner innovativeness: an investigation of the non-timber forest products and services sector. Forest Ecology and Management, 257(2): 608-618.
- Patterson, T.M.; Coelho, D.L. In press. Ecosystem services: foundations, opportunities, and challenges for the forest products sector. Forest Ecology and Management (2009).
- Deal, R., et al. (tech. eds.) In Press. Sustainable Forest Management and Wood Production in a Global Economy. Haworth Press, Binghamton, New York, USA.
- Deal, R., et al. (tech. eds.) In Press. Topics in: 1) Wood Production within Sustainable Forest Management, and 2) Emerging Issues for Sustainable Forest Management. Journal of Sustainable Forestry, tentatively 24: (1) and (2/3).
- International Scientific Conference: "Forest Growth and Timber Quality: Crown Models and Simulation Methods for Sustainable Forest Management"; Portland, Oregon, United States; 7-10 August 2007. Units involved: 3.00.00, 4.00.00, 5.00.00, 5.12.00, 4.01.05. Proceedings
- Donoghue, E., Benson, G., and G. Chamberlain (tech. coords.) 2004. Sustainable Production of Wood and Non-Wood Products. Proceeding of the IUFRO Div. 5 Research Groups 5.11 and 5.12. Rotorua, New Zealand, March 11-15, 2003. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-604. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 120 p. Link to online file
- Barbour, J. and H.Wong (tech. coords.). 2000. Sustainable Production of Forest Products 2000. Proceedings of IUFRO Division 5 Research Group 5.12, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 2000.Gen. Tech Rep. PNW-GTR-520. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 60 p. Link to online file
- Barbour, J. and K. Skog (tech eds.) 1997. Role of Wood Production in Ecosystem Management. Proceeding of the Sustainable Forestry Working Group at the IUFRO All Division 5 Conference, Pullman, Washington, July 1997. Gen. Tech Rep. FPL-GTR-100. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 98 p. Link to online file