Activities and events
- Air Pollution threats to Plant Ecosystems; Paphos, Cyprus; 11-15 October 2021. Units involved: 8.04.00, 8.04.01, 8.04.02, 8.04.03, 8.04.04, 8.04.05, 8.04.06, 8.04.07, 8.04.08. Conference homepage - 1st announcement - Report
- Biennial Research Group 7.01.00 meeting "Harmonized Growth, Cleaner Environment and Sustainable Forests"; Nanning, China; 13-17 May 2019. Units involved: 7.01.00, 7.01.01, 7.01.02, 7.01.03, 7.01.05, 7.01.07, 7.01.08, 7.01.09, 7.01.10. Conference homepage - Report
- 28th IUFRO conference for Specialists in Air Pollution and Climate Change Impacts on Forest Ecosystems: "Actions for Sustainable Forest Ecosystems under Air Pollution and Climate Change"; Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan; 22-26 October 2017. Conference homepage
- Session 161 entitled "Combined and interactive effects of multiple stressors on forest health" is planned for the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress on 19-22 September 2017 in Freiburg, Germany.
The primary goals of this session are (1) to provide an expert assessment of the relative importance of different stressors for forest ecosystems in different biomes and at different time scales; (2) to emphasize the importance of studying joint actions of multiple stressors on forest ecosystems for understanding and predicting the changes in structure and functions of these ecosystems under different climate change scenarios; (3) to demonstrate the variety of interactions among the stressors; (4) to identify the gaps in knowledge and to discuss methodologies for exploring the combined and interactive effects of multiple stressors on forest health through the use of monitoring data and the design of dedicated experiments; and (5) to establish links with ecosystem modellers that will facilitate incorporation of the identified interactive effects of various stressors into ecosystem models. Our expectation is that a group of contributors to this session will jointly prepare a position paper for publication in a high-ranking ecological or environmental journal.
- Biological Reaction of Forests to Climate and Air Pollution; Kaunas, Lithuania; 18-27 May 2012. Conference homepage - Report
Send comments to Mikhail Kozlov (Coordinator)