Publications and references
- Forest and Water on a Changing Planet: Vulnerability, Adaptation and Governance Opportunities. A Global Assessment Report. Editors: Irena F. Creed and Meine van Noordwijk; https://www.iufro.org/science/gfep/forests-and-water-panel/report
- Vegetation cover - another dominant factor in determining global water resources in forested regions. Wei, X., Q. Li, et al. 2017., Glob Change Biol. DOI:10.1111/gcb.13983
- Special issue of Ecosistemas, Vol 26, No (2), 2017. May-August Issue. "Bosques, suelo y agua: explorando sus interacciones". http://www.revistaecosistemas.net/index.php/ecosistemas/issue/view/51
- A global review on hydrological responses to forest change across multiple spatial scales: Importance of scale, climate, forest type and hydrological regime. Mingfang Zhang, Ning Liu, Richard Harper, Qiang Li, Kuan Liu, Xiaohua Wei, Dingyuan Ning, Yiping Hou, ShirongLiu. Journal of Hydrology 546 (2017) 44–59. Elsevier, http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jhydrol
- 4th International Conference on Forests and Water in a Changing Environment; Kelowna, BC, Canada; 6-9 July 2015. Units involved: 8.01.07, TF on Forest and Water Interactions/TF on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions. Book of Abstracts
- International Conference on Responses of Forests and Adaptation Management to Climate Change; Yichun, Heilongjiang, China; 8-10 August 2011. Editorial review of Forest Ecology and Management special issue
- Two published special issues
- The first special issue on <Forest Hydrology in China> was published by Journal of the American Water Resources Association in October, 2008 (Volume 44, No. 5). It included 11 papers on Chinese Forest Hydrology.
- The second special issue on <Forest Ecohydrological Processes in a Changing Environment> was published by ECOHYDROLOGY in 2011 (Volume 4, Issue No. 2). It included 16 papers on various topics.
Vose, J. M., G. Sun, C.R. Ford, M. Bredemeier, K. Ostsuki, X. Wei, Z.Q. Zhang, L. Zhang, C.A. Dolloff and C. Trettin. 2011. Forest ecohydrological research in the 21st century: what are the critical needs? Ecohydrology, 4:277-287.
Hydroecology and ecohydrology : past, present, and future / edited by Paul J. Wood, David M. Hannah, and Jonathan P. Sadler. Published in 2007.
Wei, X., G. Sun, S. Liu, H. Jiang, G. Zhou and L. Dai. 2008. The forest-stream relationship in China: a 40-year retrospect. Journal of American Water Resources Association, 44(5):1076-1085.