Activities and events
Upcoming IUFRO meetings
- Building data foundations for sustainable forest management: integration, collaboration and experience in reporting at global and regional scales to show progress towards green, healthy and resilient forest (organized by the Montréal Process). Side event at the XV World Forestry Congress 2022; Seoul, South Korea; 4 May 2022. Flyer
Past IUFRO meetings
- A6k: The bioeconomy: A sustainable way forward?Session at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019.'
- IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; 2nd Informal gathering of the IUFRO WP 9.01.05. 19 September 2017.
- IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; Session "The potential contribution of forest related indicators to global issues". 19 September 2017.
- Informal gathering of the IUFRO WP 9.01.05; Ottawa, Canada; 2 May 2016
Meetings of interest
- First Meeting of the FOREST EUROPE Expert Group on Implementation of the Updated pan-European Indicators for SFM, Zvolen, Slovakia; 24-25 January 2017. http://foresteurope.org/event/11455
- International expert workshop on strengthening collaboration on criteria and indicators to promote and demonstrate sustainable forest management; Ottawa, Canada; 1-3 May 2016.
Co-sponsored by Canada and FAO with Montreal Process, ITTO and FOREST EUROPE. The workshop will engage invited representatives from fora and organiza-tions that promote and report on sustainable development related to forests to explore the use of C&I to ad-dress SFM issues and propose ways to advance common interests.
- 16th Montréal Process Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting; Ottawa, Canada; 4-6 May 2016.
This meeting will focus on the development of an in-depth 20 years report on progress by the Montréal Process towards Sustainable Forest Management. This report will go into greater more detail and topics than the short report released at the World Forestry Congress in Durban, South Africa in 2015. http://www.montrealprocess.org/documents/publications/factsheets/MontrealProcess-WFC2015-FactSheet.pdf
- 3rd ISA Forum of Sociology; Vienna, Austria; 10-14 July 2016.
The theme The Futures We Want: Global Sociology and the Struggles for a Better World focus in several sessions on Constructing and Synthesising Indicators in the Era of Big Data, Imputation and Social Indicators, New Challenges in Measuring Quality of Life Domains and Indicators, Wellbeing Research and Indicators in Global and Comparative Perspective. More Information is available at: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2016/ webprogrampreliminary/Symposium281.html
Send comments to Mostafa Jafari (Deputy)