Activities and events
To reach our aims, we will implement the following activities within the next five years (until the IUFRO congress 2024):
- Link researchers with similar interests and engage in dialogue using a common blog where we post about interesting research in the field, events and provide contact-information for reaching the group.
- Investigate the opportunities to start a common (social) media database (repository) available for analysis by IUFRO members and others,
- Explore the interest and opportunities to apply for project funding for an international collaboration,
- Contribute with one text per year to the IUFRO Global Forest Information Service (GFIS) e-newsletter,
- Publish one special issue in an international peer-reviewed journal (topic to be discussed),
- Publishing a society brief where we synthesize the scientific findings of the special issue in a shorter text aimed at stakeholders, decision-makers and other interested parties,
- Organize a seminar/conference/symposium at the University of Freiburg in 2022 where we invite also practitioners, media representatives, and other interested stakeholders,
- Present our results at the IUFRO world congress in 2024.
Possible exchange to have with other IUFRO Working Parties:
- 9.06.00 - Forest law and environmental legislation.
- Task force: Gender Equality in Forestry.
Send comments to Ida Wallin (Coordinator)