Activities and events
No upcoming meetings found for Task Force on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions.
- Hydrological Effects of Climate and Forest Interactions; Session at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019. Developed by Adam Wei (Canada), Shirong Liu (China), Steve McNulty (USA), Yusuf Serengil (Turkey).
- Forest Management Practices and the Responses of Soil Carbon, Water, Nutrients and Their Interactions; Session at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019. Developed by Shirong Liu, Scott Chang, Junwei Luan and Adam Wei.
- 5th International Conference on Forests and Water 2018; Valdivia, Chile; 5-9 November 2018. IUFRO Units involved: 8.01.07, Task Force on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions. Conference homepage - First announcement - Report
- “Planted forests and their role in water quality and quantity dynamics across the landscape”, session at the 4th International Congress on Planted Forests; Beijing, China, 23-27 October, 2018
Contact: Dr. Shirong Liu and Dr. Adam Wei
- Session on forests and hydrological processes at the International Symposium of Ecohydrology and Water Security: Opportunities & Challenges from Developing Countries; Xi’an, China; 16-18 October, 2018
Contact: Dr. Pengtao Yu and Dr. Adam Wei
- Forests landscapes in times of changing climate and water resources; Corvallis, Oregon, USA; 13-14 September 2018. IUFRO Units involved: Task Force on Forest Adaptation and Restoration under Global Change, Task Force on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions, 8.01.07, 1.06.00. Report
- Forests, water and soils: exploring the importance of their linkages; Session at EcoSummit 2016: Ecological Sustainability: Engineering Change; Montpellier, France; 31 August 2016. Session announcement and Call for abstracts - Report
- Symposium "Effects of Forest Carbon Mitigation on Soil and Water"; Guangzhou, China; 18‐20 October 2015. Symposium announcement
- 4th International Conference on Forests and Water in a Changing Environment; Kelowna, BC, Canada; 6-9 July 2015. Units involved: 8.01.07, TF on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions/TF on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions. Conference homepage - 1st announcement - Call for abstracts - Template for abstracts - Book of Abstracts - Report
- Ellison D. 2018. Background Analytical Study 2: Forests and Water. UNFF Report. http://www.un.org/esa/forests/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/UNFF13_BkgdStudy_ForestsWater.pdf
- Forest and Water on a Changing Planet: Vulnerability, Adaptation and Governance Opportunities. A Global Assessment Report. Editors: Irena F. Creed and Meine van Noordwijk; www.iufro.org/science/gfep/forests-and-water-panel/report
- Vegetation cover - another dominant factor in determining global water resources in forested regions. Wei, X., Q. Li, et al. 2017., Glob Change Biol. DOI:10.1111/gcb.13983
- Special issue of Ecosistemas, Vol 26, No (2), 2017. May-August Issue. "Bosques, suelo y agua: explorando sus interacciones". http://www.revistaecosistemas.net/index.php/ecosistemas/issue/view/51
- A global review on hydrological responses to forest change across multiple spatial scales: Importance of scale, climate, forest type and hydrological regime. Mingfang Zhang, Ning Liu, Richard Harper, Qiang Li, Kuan Liu, Xiaohua Wei, Dingyuan Ning, Yiping Hou, ShirongLiu. Journal of Hydrology 546 (2017) 44–59. Elsevier, http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jhydrol
Send comments to Xiaohua (Adam) Wei (Task Force Coordinator)