Activities and events
- 2021 Western Mensurationists Meeting - Monday morning session on "Linking growth models with remote sensing data"; online; 20-22 June 2021. Units involved: 4.01.00, 4.01.02. Conference homepage - Report
- Crown structure as cause and effect in modeling tree growth, form, and wood quality - Technical Session C4d at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019. Units involved: 4.01.02, 5.01.08.
Crown attributes are key physiological determinants of tree growth which respond readily to silvicultural manipulations and mediate many aspects of stem allometry and stand structure, in turn dynamically influencing wood production, wood quality, and many other ecosystem services. Topics will cover mechanisms by which thinning, fertilization, and genetic manipulation influence crown structure; corresponding linkages to light capture, vertical distribution of stem increment, wind loading/damage, and micro- and macroanatomy of wood; and development of associated modelling solutions for quantifying these cause-and-effect loops. The session aims to integrate interactive responses and influences of crown structure at numerous levels through state-of-the-art multidisciplinary presentations.
- II Encontro Brasileiro de Mensuração Florestal/II Brazilian Meeting on Forest Mensuration; Curitiba, Parana (PR), Brazil; 18-19 August 2014. Conference homepage
- 1° Encontro Brasileiro de Mensuração Florestal; Diamantina, Minas Gerais (MG), Brazil; 9-10 August 2012. Conference homepage - Report 1 - Report 2
- Fourth Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS) Conference; Fort Collins, CO, United States; 17-19 April 2012. Conference homepage
- Complex Stand Structures and Associated Dynamics; Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada; 29 July - 2 August 2007. Conference homepage - 1st announcement - Ecotour Booklet - Report (as published in IUFRO News, Vol. 36, Issue 9)
Send comments to Felipe Bravo (Coordinator)