Forest Science-Policy Interface
The mission of the Task Force is to develop a better understanding about the ways that forest research results have influenced the development and implementation of policies to protect, manage, and utilize forest resources. To accomplish this mission, the Task Force gathers and analyzes case studies describing recent policy situations, seeking to learn from past experiences, including those deemed failures as well as success, the key reasons why research results did or did not influence natural resource policies
The outcome desired is to develop a set of guidelines for researchers and policy makers that increase the likelihood that future policies will be built on a solid scientific foundation.
- To develop a better understanding about the ways that forest research results have influenced the development and implementation of policies to protect, manage, and utilize forests and forest resources.
- To develop a set of guidelines for researchers and policy makers that increase the likelihood that future policies will be built on a solid scientific foundation.
- Conference on "Adaptation of Forests and Forest Management to Climate Change with Emphasis on Forest Health – Review of Science, Policies, and Practices"; 25-28 August 2008; Umea, Sweden. Session Summaries - Book of Abstracts
- Gamborg, C.H., Parrotta J.A. and Thorsen B.J. (Guest Editors). 2004. The Forest Science/Policy Interface: Building Bridges to a Sustainable Future. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 19, (Suppl. No. 4), 1-176.
- Related to the (former) Task Force's first regional workshop held in Turrialba, Costa Rica in late 2001, a special issue of Forest Policy and Economics was published:
Task Force on the Science-Policy Interface: Forest Policy and Economics (Elsevier), Volume 5, issue 4. Special Issue: "Communication Across the Forest Science/Forest Policy Interface". Guest Editors: John A. Parrotta and Jose J. Campos Arce. For further details (or copies) of this issue, please contact John Parrotta
Final Workshop of the (former) Task Force on Science/Policy Interface, Birmensdorf, Switzerland (Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research), June 28-30, 2004
For more information on past activities in the years 2004 to 1999 and workshop and meeting reports please refer to the former Science/Policy Interface Task Force page.