Here are some tips to ensure fruitful communication and cooperation:
- Remember that any mail you send to the list address will be sent to anybody who has subscribed to the list -- so please don't send private messages via the listserver.
- Subscribe with your real name.
- Make sure your subject line is accurate -- this makes it easier for everybody to follow.
- If you reply to the digest please always change the subject line -- it takes only a couple of seconds to change and is much more descriptive than "RE: Digest Volume X, Issue X".
- Avoid full quotes -- if you answer to a posting please do not include the full text in your reply. Cite or summarize relevant sections and delete the rest.
- Post messages only once -- be patient while waiting for an answer. If you are not sure whether your question has been sent to the list check the archive before you re-post.
- Keep your messages short and have your target readers in mind when writing.
- Spelling and grammar do matter and make it easier for others to follow you.
- Keep in mind that humor and sarcasm is sometimes hard to grasp online and topics do wander occasionally. Be, thus, careful about what you say and have patience with others.