Activities and events
- 3rd International Forest Policy Meeting - IFPM3; Freiburg, Germany; 17-18 March 2021. Units involved: 9.05.00, 9.05.04, Task Force on Gender Equality in Forestry. Event website
- Session A9e "Forestry in Transition? Forest policies in changing societies" at the XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; 29 September - 5 October 2019. Main organisers of the session: Vilis Brukas and Jaroslav Šalka. Conference homepage: http://IUFRO2019.com
- Second International Forest Policy Meeting; Wageningen, The Netherlands; 11-13 April 2018. Units involved: 9.05.00, 9.05.02, 9.05.04. Conference homepage - Picture gallery
- Session "Forest policies in the Baltic and Central and Eastern European (CEE) Regions" at the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; 12-18 September 2017. Main organisers of the session: Vilis Brukas and Jaroslav Salka.
- 49th "Forstpolitiktreffen" of German speaking forest policy institutes; Stupava, Slovakia: 5-7 April 2017. Main organiser of the meeting: Jaroslav Salka. Participation of researchers from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Nederland, Czech Republic and Slovak Republic.
- 1st Joint Conference of Forest Policy Science of German-Speaking and Nordic countries; Göttingen, Germany; 16-18 March 2016. Forest policy scientists from the Baltic and CEE region met at this conference. Minutes for download. Selected presentations from the meeting can be found under: http://www.iufro.org/science/divisions/division-9/90000/90500/activities/
- 1st International Forest Policy Meeting; Hann. Münden, Germany; 16-18 March 2016. The 1st International Forest Policy Meeting was held in Hann. Münden from March 16-18 2016 as a part of the activities of IUFRO Group 9.05 on „Forest Policy and Governance“. In an international, workshop-like, scholarly conference format it brought together some 60 forest policy scientists from 15 European countries. Organised by Dr. Lukas Giessen, Prof. Max Krott (both University of Göttingen/Germany) and Dr. Vilis Brukas (SLU/Sweden), the event marked an important development in academic forest policy networking, because it merged two established research networks, i.e. the almost 50-year-old “Forstpolitiktreffen” and the Nordic Network on Forest Policy Science. From now on International Forest Policy Meetings will be convened as a recurring event every other year, especially for providing young researchers a critical platform for presenting and discussing their research. The presentations held at the 2016 meeting can be found at http://www.iufro.org/publications/proceedings/proceedings-meetings-2016/#c24925. The most promising papers presented at the meeting were invited for a special issue of Forest Policy and Economics. Units involved: 9.05.00, 9.05.04.
Main organiser of the seminar: Vilis Brukas (minutes can be obtained from vilis.brukas(at)slu.se). Participation of researchers from Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Russia supported by stipends from the Nordic Forest Research (SNS).
- Research and Innovation in Sustainable Forestry to Advance Competitive Global Bioeconomy; Arezzo, Italy; 9 July 2014. Units involved: 2.02.13, 4.02.06, 9.05.01, 9.05.04. Conference announcement
Send comments to Mirjana Stevanov (Coordinator)