Membership fees are paid annually.
For member organizations they consist of 2 components:
- A basic annual membership fee, plus
- An amount that depends on how many researchers are employed with the member organization
According to IUFRO's Internal Regulations the basic annual membership fee for Member Organizations (1) is based on the World Bank List of Economies (January 2022) and amounts to:
- 152 EURO for low-income economies,
- 303 EURO for lower middle-income economies,
- 456 EURO for upper middle-income economies and
- 608 EURO for high-income economies.
Additionally (2) a membership organization pays a minimum of 152 EURO. If more than 10 researchers are employed the additional amount increases by 152 EURO in steps of 10 researchers, starting with the 11th researcher. So for up to 10 researchers the additional amount is 152 EURO, for 11-20 researchers the additional amount is 304 EURO and so on.
Thus, the full minimum fee for any Member Organization is 304 EUR - this amount applies to an organization from a low-income economy with up to 10 researchers. For a Member Organization from a high-income economy with up to 10 researchers the full fee amounts to 760 EUR.
The annual fee for individuals who are members - Associate Members - is 61 EURO for low-income and lower middle-income economies, and 122 Euro for upper middle-income and high-income economies.