Synthesising and Sharing Globally Available Forest-related Scientific Knowledge
The one-week conference (by invitation only) was implemented in two different, but interconnected, events as follows:
- Knowledge-sharing Workshop "Translating global FLR policy into local action" from 6 to 8 June 2017; Participation of 60 experts on forest landscape restoration from around the world
- Ministerial-level Policy Dialogue: "Shaping policy for FLR implementation" on 9 June 2017; Ministers and government officials from 7 countries discussed the policy needed for effective restoration on the ground.
The international conference resulted in outputs related to three major target audiences (practioners, policy makers and scientists) and contributed to major forthcoming international events in 2017, including
• The IUFRO 125th Anniversary Conference in Freiburg, Germany in September 2017;
• The Conference of the Parties 2017 of the UNFCCC COP;
• CBD SBSTTA in 2017; and
• Global Landscape Forum, Bonn, Germany, in December 2017.
- Conference_Programme1.pdf572 K