Scientist Assistance Programme of IUFRO's 125th Anniversary Congress
taking placein Freiburg, Germany, from 18-22 September, 2017
The SAP of the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress is sponsored by:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS ALREADY PASSED!
Two types of sponsorship are available:
- Full sponsorship covering airfare, accommodation, subsistence and Congress registration fee.
- Partial sponsorship covering airfare only.
4 steps on your way to a successful application:
- Make sure that your abstract has been accepted for oral or as poster presentation by the Congress Scientific Committee
- Make sure that you fulfill the eligibility requirements
- Submit the required supporting information for your application in the required format to spdc(at)iufro.org
- Fill in the SAP application form - Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory fields!
Applications for SAP were due before 31 March, 2017, midnight Hawaii time, USA!
Please note that the deadline for applications has already passed!
Selection of successful candidates:
We hope for your understanding that we can consider only applications that fulfill all four prerequisits.
Please note that, in addition to these criteria, consideration in the selection of applicants will be given to issues of gender balance in keeping with the policies of IUFRO and the congress organizers. Moreover, while applications from those who have received SAP support for past IUFRO congresses are welcome, preference will be given to those who have not received funding previously.
Early and mid-career scientists (45 years or younger) preferably from least developed countries as defined by the UN but also from low income and lower middle income countries according to the World Bank list are eligible to apply for full sponsorship to attend the congress under this program. Please see list of eligible countriesbelow.
Please note, scientists affiliated with IUFRO (either as an officeholder or as an active member of an IUFRO unit, or be employed by an IUFRO member organization) will be given preference.
The applicant must:
- Provide a short resume (format: family name-first name-cv.pdf)
- Indicate in a covering letter how participation in the 125th Anniversary Congress will benefit the applicant and her/his country? (format: family name-first name-letter.pdf)