Activities and events
|Uneven-aged silviculture: insights into forest adaptation in times of global change||Brno, Czech Republic|
Contact: Tomáš Vrška, Email: email@example.com
- Uneven-aged silviculture: insights into forest adaptation in times of global change; Brno, Czech Republic; 18-20 September 2023. Units involved: 1.05.00 1.09.00. Conference homepage - 2nd announcement - Report
- 11th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged silviculture: challenges for increasing adaptability; Valdivia, Chile; 12-18 November 2018. Conference homepage - Article in AustralValdivia
- 10th IUFRO International Conference on Uneven-aged Silviculture: The science and art of uneven-aged silviculture; Little Rock, Arkansas, USA; 30 May - 2 June 2016. Conference homepage - Conference announcement - Call for Papers - 2nd Call for Papers - Report on Study Tour
- Uneven-aged silviculture in tropical forests: barriers, opportunities and challenges (Side event at the XIV World Forestry Congress); Durban, South Africa; 7 September 2015, 12:45-14:15. Announcement
- 9th IUFRO International Conference on Uneven-aged Silviculture "Future concepts in uneven-aged silviculture for a changing world"; Zurich, Switzerland; Conference: 17-19 June 2014; Post-Conference Field Trip: 20-24 June 2014. Conference homepage - Report
- 8th IUFRO International conference on uneven-aged silviculture: "Uneven-aged silviculture: optimizing timber production, ecosystem services and resilience to climate change"; Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand; Conference: 12-16 November 2012; Post-Conference Field Trip: 17-23 November 2012. Conference homepage
- 2012 IUFRO All-Division 5 Conference: Joint session of 5.01.00 - Wood quality and 1.05.00 - Unevenaged Silviculture; Estoril, Portugal; 8-13 July 2012
Conference homepage: http://www.iufro2012.org/
Proposed program: http://www.iufro2012.org/nm_quemsomos.php?id=38
Instructions and submissions: http://www.iufro2012.org/nm_quemsomos.php?id=37
Conference themes: http://www.iufro2012.org/nm_quemsomos.php?id=63
Third announcement: http://www.iufro2012.org/show_newsletter.php?ID=32&bk=1&DumpCache=4e7b28e96b04f
- 7th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture: 21st Century forestry: Integrating ecologically based, uneven-aged silviculture with increased demand for forests; Ljubljana, Slovenia, 23-26 September 2010. Conference homepage - 1st announcement - Report
- IUFRO WORLD CONGRESS: "Forests for the Future: Sustaining Society and the Environment". 22-28 August 2010, XXIII IUFRO World Congress, Seoul, Republic of Korea; http://www.iufro2010.com/
Our Uneven-aged Silviculture research group was involved in developing two technical sessions:
"Uneven-aged silviculture in temperate and tropical forests: Towards paradigm expansion." Co-organized with IUFRO 1.02.04, this session attempted to foster sharing of information on management of uneven-aged forests in temperate, boreal and tropical forests.
"Silviculture and global change: Managing forests for ecosystem resiliency and carbon storage." This session addressed strategies to improve resiliency/adaptability of forests and carbon storage through silvicultural design of forest structures. Although this session has a weaker tie to the objectives of our Research Group, uneven-aged silviculture nonetheless will play an important role in mitigating global change scenarios.
- 6th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture; Shizuoka, Japan; 24-27 October 2009. Conference homepage
- Old forests – New Management, Hobart, Australia, 17-21 February 2008. Conference homepage
- Our Research Group co-hosted a session in the 2005 Congress in Brisbane, Australia called "Uneven-aged Silviculture: From Temperate to Tropical Forests". The session was cosponsored by IUFRO Unit 1.07.18 "Forest dynamics and yield regulation systems for tropical/subtropical moist forests". We had 7 papers presented and a number of posters. The session was extremely well attended but was unfortunately assigned to too small a room to include everyone who wanted to attend.