Publications and references
Submissions are invited for a special issue of Jurnal Manajemen Hutan Tropika!
Forest operations in the tropics should be carried out to promote sustainable management of tropical forests. The fact that tropical forest is well recognized as the harbors of the Earth's biodiversity has made tropical forest play an important role in the global environmental issue. Forest operations in the tropics face challenges as on the one side, the forest is important to support the economics of a country, but at the same time, this activity may bring environmental impacts.
Therefore, as one of JMHT's mission to support any scientific effort required for sustainable development, JMHT in collaboration with IUFRO RG 3.07 Forest Operation in The Tropics invites potential authors to publish different research results, thoughts, and original ideas related to forest operation in the tropics.
This Special Issue's main purpose is to underline the interdisciplinary connections supporting forest operations in the tropics. The main focuses lay on new ideas and suggestions to promote sustainable forest operation in the tropics that span from harvest methods, system productivity, and methods for conducting safe, efficient, and environmentally acceptable operations in tropical forests that are having specific characteristics on its commodities, forest, work environment, working techniques, human health, and well-being.
Selected manuscripts will be published in a Special Issue entitled "Forest Operation in the Tropics: Timber and Non-Timber Forest Products," which is planned to be published in June 2022.
- Research priorities in tropical silviculture: towards new paradigms?; Montpellier, France; 15-18 November 2011. Units involved: 1.02.00, 3.07.00, 8.02.00. Book of Abstracts
- Forest Codes of Practice: Contributing to Environmentally Sound Forest Operations (from the IUFRO/FAO symposium on codes of forest practice held at Feldafing, Germany in December 1994; published as FAO Forestry Paper 133.
- Research on Environmentally Sound Forest Practices to Sustain Tropical Forest (from an IUFRO/FAO satellite meeting held in connection with the 1995 World Congress at Tampere; published by the FAO Forest Products Division.
- Forest Operations for Sustainable Forestry in the Tropics. Proceedings of the technical sessions of 3.05.00, "Forest Operations in the Tropics" at the 1995 World Congress. CIFOR
- Bois et Forêts des Tropiques. [go to journal's www site].
- Journal of Tropical Forest Science.
- Journal of Tropical Forest Products.