Publications and references
2018 Spring Webinar Series
- Lean Logistics. Value Stream Mapping Applied to the Wood Fiber Supply Chain. February 6, 2018. 10 am-11 am US Eastern time (GMT -05:00).). WebEx session number 317 786 309
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – A Time-Tested Tool for Process Control and Improvement. March 20, 2018. 7 am-8 am Pacific Time (GMT -08:00). WebEx session number 311 570 056
- Wood procurement. April 10, 2018. 4 pm -5 pm Central European Time (GMT +01:00) . WebEx session number 310 080 448
- Production Management in Forest based industries. May 15, 2018. 4-5pm Central European Time (GMT +01:00). WebEx session number 318 558 152
- Tooling Issues in Wood-Based Manufacturing. June 12, 2018. 10 pm-11pm Malaysia Time (GMT+08:00). WebEx session number 648 885 702
Extension publications (selected)
- Quesada-Pineda, H.J. 2010. Lean Thinking: Examples and Applications in the Wood Products Industries. Virginia Cooperative Extension. VCE#420-148. Download from: http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/420/420-002/420-002.html
- Leavengood, S. 2014. Wood Products Extension at Oregon State University - the Oregon Wood Innovation Center (OWIC). eXtension.org Wood Products Community of Practice. June 13, 2014. Available at http://www.extension.org/wood_products
Peer-reviewed paper (Selected)
- Lyon, S., Quesada-Pineda, H.J., and Crawford, S*. 2014. Reducing Electrical Consumption in the Forest Products Industry Using Lean Thinking. Bioresources. 9(1): 1373-1386.
Conference paper (Selected)
- Huka, M., and Gronalt, M. 2014. Production planning at a sawmill comparing optimization models with simple heuristics for a short-term multiperiod production problem. IUFRO Congress. Page 276 of the Conference Proceedings. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Send comments to Judith Gisip (Coordinator)