Activities and events
The RG network is a key platform for present collaborations in projects, such as:
- Involvement of the RG in helping out Forest Europe with improvements of the pan-European indicator 6.10 Recreation in Forests; https://foresteurope.org/recreation/
- The EU Horizon2020 project DIABOLO which has worked for inclusion/improvement of social/outdoor recreation variables in National Forest Inventories – NFIs; http://diabolo-project.eu/
- SNS-EFINORD network/project on how European NFI data can be utilized in urban forest context in order to monitor recreational use in urban forest areas.
IUFRO Division VI Symposium, Integrative Science for Integrative Management
The IUFRO Division VI Symposium, Integrative Science for Integrative Management, took place from 14-20 August 2007, in Saariselkä, Finland.
The following session and subjects were covered by Unit 6.01.00:
- Trends, Innovations and Development for Forest Recreation and Nature Tourism
- Recreation research and Landscape Management Challenges in Changing Society
- Integrative use of Policies and Planning Methods