Activities and events
A joint R&D project on "Networking as a method for progress on gender equality", was initiated in order to analyse and compare the experiences (pros and cons) gained by different women's organizations/network in different contexts (countries). A further objective is to develop a method for comparative studies of women's self – organizing, to be used for a broader analysis/evaluation involving more countries). Based on the results (to be presented end of 2012), some recommendations may be expressed and addressed to the forestry sector in Europe and North America on how to best (practice) organize: what strategies and tactics seems to be most successful. During 2011 data from focus group discussions with networks in Norway, Sweden and Germany has been carried out. Organized by RG 6.08, WP 6.08.01 and 6.08.02.
- Disciplining Gender in Undisciplined Environments: Tensions in environmental and development practices in the North and South; Session at the International Conference of the European Network of Political Ecology (ENTITLE); Stockholm, Sweden; 20-24 March 2016. Conference homepage - Abstract - Blog entry
- Global Landscapes Forum; Warsaw, Poland; 16-17 November 2013. Forum homepage
Discussion forum: Linking gendered knowledge with gender-responsive action in the landscape: What works? 17 November 2013. Forum Homepage
In cooperation with World Farmers' Association, CIFOR, FANRPAN.
- Future Directions of Small-Scale and Community-Based Forestry; Fukuoka, Japan; 8-12 September 2013. Units involved: 3.08.00, 6.08.00, 6.08.01. Conference homepage - Report
- IUFRO 6.08 – Gender and Forestry Conference: Environmental governance and four decades of gender research: Where do we stand?; Wondo Genet Forestry College, Ethiopia; 27-29 November 2012. IUFRO Units involved: 6.08.00, 6.08.01. Conference homepage - Report
- BOKU Spring school: Developing gender competence in higher education programmes on natural resources management; Vienna, Austria; 27 April - 7 May 2011. Units involved: 6.08.00, 6.08.01, 6.08.02. Homepage
- 2nd Gender and Forestry Conference: Making a Difference in Theory and Practice; Umeå, Sweden; 15-18 June 2009. Conference webpage
- IUFRO WP 6.08.01 organized a side event during the Forest Adaptation Conference in Umeå, Sweden, 2008 under the title "Asking the right questions of society-forest system adaptation -- How can a gender perspective help?" on 28 August 2008. Further information: http://www.forestadaptation2008.net/48201/en/ - Program - Report
- International Seminar: Gender and Forestry Seminar and Workshop, Umeå, Sweden, 17–21 June 2006 - Report. See also the FAO publication: Time for Action - Changing the Gender Situation in Forestr