Activities and events
20th Commonwealth Forestry Conference; online from University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada; 16-18 August 2021. IUFRO Units involved: 9.03.07, 9.03.00, 9.00.00, 6.10.01, 6.00.00. Conference homepage
Goals of Working Group
The goals of the Working Group are:
- to bring together diverse experts from across the globe to discuss SRoI and the methods used by SRoI;
- to evaluate SRoI methods drawing on a variety of perspectives; and
- to develop an SRoI framework for forest investments.
The following milestones and timelines guide the Working Group:
- Establish a steering committee, composed of SRoI experts, to collaborate to achieve the goals of the Working Group (September 2020);
- The steering committee will identify diverse methods for SRoI and evaluate these methods in a peer reviewed paper (May 2021);
- The steering committee will prepare a SRoI framework for forestry, drawing from literature review and interviews, and will apply the framework to different types of forestry, including native forests, plantations, agro-forestry (among others). A peer reviewed paper will be developed on the SRoI frameworks for forestry (December 2021);
- The results from this work will be presented at different conferences, and mobilized through social media another communication channels.