Publications and references
- Temperate and boreal primeval forests in the face of global change; Lviv, Western Ukraine; 2-4 September 2019; Units involved: 1.01.07, 8.01.01. Book of Abstracts
- Franklin, J.F., T.A. Spies, R. Van Pelt, A. Carey, D. Thornburgh, D.R. Berg, D. Lindenmayer, M. Harmon, W. Keeton, and D.C. Shaw. 2002. Disturbances and structural development of natural forest ecosystems with silvicultural implications, using Douglas-fir forests as an example. Forest Ecology and Management 155:309-423.
- Spies, T.A. and S.L. Duncan, eds. Old growth in a new world: A Pacific Northwest icon reexamined. Island Press. 344 p.
- Bauhus, J. K. Puettmann and C. Messier. 2009. Silviculture for Old-Growth Attributes. Forest Ecology and Management 258: 525–537.
- Mosseler, A., I. Thompson, and B.A. Pendrel. 2003. Overview of old-growth forests in Canada from a science perspective. Environmental Review 11: S1–S7.
- Lindenmayer, D.L. 2009. Old forest, new perspectives—insights from the Mountain Ash forests of the Central Highlands of Victoria, south-eastern Australia. Forest Ecology and Management 258 4: 357-365.
- Old forests – New Management; Hobart, Australia; 17-21 February 2008. Units involved: 1.05.00, 4.00.00, 8.01.01. Programme and Abstracts Book (PDF) – Scientific Summary No. 41
- Old Growth Forests in Canada - A Science Perspective
Send comments to William Keeton (Coordinator)