Activities and events
No upcoming meetings found for Task Force on Forests and Water Interactions in a Changing Environment.
The following activities are planned from 2019 to 2021:
- Run three sessions related to forests, climate and water interactions at the 2019 IUFRO Congress in Curitiba, Brazil. These three sessions are:
- "Forest Management Practices and the Responses of Soil Carbon, Water, Nutrients and Their Interactions",
- "Nexus: Forests, Water and Climate", and
- "Tropical Forest Ecosystem Restoration for Water Related Ecosystem Services".
- Jointly organize a workshop on landscape restoration, forest carbon and water in Australia in 2020 with another TF (Transforming Forest Landscapes for Future Climates and Human Well-being).
- Jointly organize a symposium on multi-functional ecosystem management of planted forests in Nanning, China in 2020 with another proposed TF (Resilient planted forests serving society and bioeconomy) by Christophe Orazio.
- Organize the 6th IUFRO international conference on forests and water in a changing environment in Beijing in 2021.
- Develop several special issues of international or regional journals based on the above-mentioned workshops and conferences.
- Run a series of sessions in collaboration with other international organizations, such as FAO (the World Forestry Congress, 2021) and INTECOL (the 13th the International Congress of Ecology, International Association of Ecology, Geneva, 2021).
- Annual Report
- Publications (publications in peer-reviewed journals)
- Books or book chapters
- FAO, IUFRO et USDA. 2022. Guide sur la gestion des forêts et de l’eau. Études FAO: Forêts no 185. Rome. https://doi.org/10.4060/cb6473fr
- FAO, IUFRO and USDA. 2021. A guide to forest-water management. FAO Forestry Paper No. 185. Rome. https://doi.org/10.4060/cb6473en
- Jones et al., 2020. Forest-Water Interactions Under Global Change. In Forest-Water Interactions edited by Levia, D.F., Carlyle-Moses, D.E., Lida, S., Michalzik, B., Nanko, K, Tischer, A. Ecological Studies, Springer.
- Forests: Nature-Based Solutions for Water, 2019, Unasylva, 251, ISBN: 978-92-5-131910-9, Publisher: FAO
- Special Issue reprint book "Forest Hydrology and Watershed” has been published online in Forests, edited by Fan-Rui Meng, Qiang Li, M. Altaf Arain, and Michael Pisaric and is freely accessible on the MDPI Books platform
Send comments to Xiaohua (Adam) Wei (Task Force Coordinator)