Publications and references
- Virtual Issue on Uneven-Aged Forestry; Kevin O'Hara; Forestry: An International Journal of Forest Research. https://academic.oup.com/forestry/pages/uneven_aged_forestry
- 7th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture: 21st Century forestry: Integrating ecologically based, uneven-aged silviculture with increased demand for forests
Ljubljana, Slovenia, 23-26 September 2010; hosted by Jurij Diaci
Book of Abstracts. Selected papers from this meeting will from a Special Issue in Forestry: An International Journal of Forest Research, which will be published in late 2011 (http://forestry.oxfordjournals.org/).
- 6th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Feasibility of silviculture for complex stand structures: designing stand structures for sustainability and multiple objectives
Shizuoka, Japan; 24-27 October 2009; hosted by Hiromi Mizunga
A number of papers from this meeting have been published in the Journal of Forest Research 15(1) http://www.springerlink.com/content/t13260886317/
- Old forests – New Management; Hobart, Australia; 17-21 February 2008. Programme and Abstracts Book (PDF) – Scientific Summary No. 41
- Silvicultural Research in a Changing World
This was a Division 1 meeting in France in June 2004.
The papers presented at the meeting included several on uneven-aged silviculture and can be found in Forest Ecology and Management (volume 209(1-2)). Extended abstracts were published in 2005 in IUFRO World Series Volume 15 (ed. by J. Parrotta, H.-F. Maitre, D. Auclair, M.-H. Lafond).
- 5th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Natural disturbance based silviculture: managing for complexity
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada, 14-18 May 2006; hosted by Brian Harvey
A "Forum Feature" of five papers from the meeting were published in 2007 in the Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 37(9): v-vi, 1525-1571.
Information on the meeting and extended abstracts can be found at http://web2.uqat.ca/iufro/
- 4th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Uneven-aged forest management: Alternative Forms, Practices and Constraints
Helsinki, Finland, 8-17 June 2003; hosted by Sauli Valkonen.
Proceedings of the meeting were published in Silva Fennica (volume 38(4))
- 3rd IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Tradition and Practices in Central Europe
Zurich, Switzerland, 24-30 September 2001; hosted by Jean-Phillipe Schütz
Proceedings of the meeting were published in Forestry (volume 75(4))
- 2nd IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Transformation of Plantations
Edinburgh, Scotland, 29 August-3 September 1999; hosted by Bill Mason
Proceedings of the meeting were published in Forest Ecology and Management (volume 151 (1-5))
- 1st IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture:
Interdisciplinary Uneven-aged Management Symposium
Corvallis, Oregon, September 1997; hosted by Bill Emmingham
Proceedings of the meeting were published as:
Emmingham, W.H. (ed.) 1999. Proceedings of the IUFRO Interdisciplinary
Uneven-aged Management Symposium, September 1997.
Contact the following address for information:
Forestry Communications Office
Oregon State University
256 Peavy Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-5704 USA
Publications of interest
Managing for Complex Forest Stand Structures. Kevin O'Hara. 240 pages | 246x189mm. 978-0-19-870307-5 | Paperback | 28 August 2014. Details at: http://global.oup.com/localecatalogue/cls_academic/?i=9780198703075
Archive | Send comments to Linda Nagel (Coordinator)