Task Force conference proceedings
- Traditional Knowledge Contributes to Sustaining Forests and Biocultural Diversity. Article in Bois et Forets des Tropiques, 2012, No. 312 (2).
- Parrotta, J.A., Trosper, R.L., editors. 2012. Traditional Forest-Related Knowledge: Sustaining Communities, Ecosystems and Biocultural Diversity. World Forest Series vol. 12. Springer, Dordrecht, the Netherlands. 621 p.
IUFRO Spotlight #2
Forest Day – Traditional forest knowledge: An untapped source for coping with climate change; IUFRO press release on the occasion of Forest Day 5, December 2011
- Traditional Forest Related Knowledge, Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Forest Management in Eastern Europe, Northern and Central Asia. Andrey Laletin, John A. Parrotta, Ilya Domashov (editors). Papers from the conference held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 28-30 June, 2009, jointly organized by the IUFRO Task Force on Traditional Forest Knowledge, IUFRO Special Programme for Developing Countries (IUFRO-SPDC), Global Forest Coalition, NGO Ecological Movement "BIOM", Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyz National University named after J.Balasagyn, Kyrgyzstan. Vienna, 2011 – 78 p. ISSN 1016-3263, ISBN 978-3-902762-06-1. IUFRO World Series Vol. 26.
- John A. Parrotta, Alfred Oteng-Yeboah, Joseph Cobbinah, J. (editors) 2009. Traditional Forest-Related Knowledge and Sustainable Forest Management in Africa. Vienna, IUFRO, 213 p. IUFRO World Series No. 23.
- John A. Parrotta, Lim Hin Fui, Liu Jinlong, P.S. Ramakrishnan, Yeo-Chang Youn (editors) 2009. Traditional Forest-related Knowledge in Asia. Forest Ecology and Management (special issue), 257(10): 1987-2078.
- Conference on "Adaptation of Forests and Forest Management to Climate Change with Emphasis on Forest Health – Review of Science, Policies, and Practices"; 25-28 August 2008; Umea, Sweden. Session Summaries - Book of Abstracts
- John A. Parrotta, Liu Jinlong, Sim Heok-Choh (editors). 2008. Sustainable Forest Management and Poverty Alleviation: Roles of Traditional Forest-related Knowledge. Vienna, IUFRO, 223 p. IUFRO World Series No. 21
- Parrotta, J., Agnoletti, M. and Johann, E. (Editors). 2006. "Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Forest Management: The role of traditional Knowledge". Proceedings of the IUFRO conference held in Florence, Italy, 8-11 June 2006. Warsaw: MCPFE Liaison Unit-Warsaw, 547 p. (2 volumes). Proceedings Vol. 1 - Proceedings Vol. 2
- Parrotta, J. A. & Agnoletti, M. (Eds.) 2007. Traditional Knowledge, Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Forest Management. Forest Ecology and Management 249: 1-139.
- Agnoletti, M. (Editor). 2007. Guidelines for the Implementation of Social and Cultural Values in Sustainable Forest Management, A Scientific Contribution to the Implementation of MCPFE – Vienna Resolution 3. IUFRO Occasional Paper No. 19.
Send comments to John Parrotta (Task Force Coordinator)