Activities and events
- Preparation of a joint research projects (CR, HR, H, A, SK). Functioning the floodplain forest ecosystems under changed environmental conditions.
- Dealing with the joint research project: Ecological condition and productivity of Alnus glutinosa stands in the Morava river alluvial area
- Other proposals are welcome (please contact Jiri Kulhavy: kulhavy(at)mendelu.cz or Matjaz Cater: matjaz.cater(at)gozdis.si
Floodplain Forest Ecosystems in Europe - ecosystem of high priority for protection; Zidlochovice, Czech Republic; 2014. Contact: Jiri Kulhavy. In cooperation with EFI Joensuu, Finland
- to discuss the role of floodplain forest in protection and revitalization of hydrological system within landscape;
- to discuss scientific arguments for best forestry practice
- the role of floodplain forests in protection from catastrophic floods;
- the role of floodplain forests in the protection of watercourses from eutrophication and pollution;
- future development of floodplain forests under global climate change;
- to express arguments and find social consensus for effective support within European environmental policy and funding.
Other details to be announced in due course.