IUFRO Spotlight is an initiative of the International Union of Forest Research Organizations. Its aim is to introduce, in a timely fashion, significant findings in forest research from IUFRO member organizations and/or involving IUFRO officeholders to a worldwide network of decision makers, policy makers and researchers.
IUFRO will encapsulate, and distribute in plain language, brief, topical and policy-relevant highlights of those findings, along with information on where/how to access the full documents. The IUFRO Spotlight findings will be distributed in a periodic series of emails as well as blog postings.
The findings reported here are submitted by IUFRO Member Organizations. IUFRO is pleased to highlight and circulate these findings to a broad audience but, in doing so, acts only as a conduit. The quality and accuracy of the reports are the responsibility of the member organization and the authors.
Suggestions for reports and findings that could be promoted through IUFRO Spotlight are encouraged. Please send them to: wolfrum(at)iufro.org. To be considered, reports should be fresh, have policy implications and be applicable to more than one country.
Below find a list of all IUFRO Spotlights already published:
- Congress Spotlight #28 – American Indian forestry: blending science and tradition - September 2014
- Spotlight #27 – Genes the means to screen future forest scene - September 2014
- Congress Spotlight #26 – To manage forests sustainably – think synergy – August 2014
- Spotlight #25 – Mixed species growth predictions made easy – well, easier - August 2014
- Congress Spotlight #24 – Got a question? Biomass may be the answer – July 2014
- Spotlight #23 – Eucalyptus genome successfully sequenced – June 2014
- Congress Spotlight #22 – Green cities: The benefits of the urban forest – June 2014
- Congress Spotlight #21 – The forest pharmacy and food store – June 2014
- Congress Spotlight #20 – The climate's changing: So should forest management – April 2014
- Congress Spotlight #19 – 'Citizen science': A way to fight invasive species? – April 2014
- Congress Spotlight #18 – Consumers and Industry: Keen on Green – March 2014
- Congress Spotlight #17 – Forest outlook: What does the future hold? – March 2014
- Spotlight #16 - You've got an issue? We've got options. - November 2013
- Spotlight #15 - Planted Forests' Roles: Different strokes for different oaks - September 2013
- Spotlight #14 - Wildfire projected to spread like, well, wildfire - July 2013
- Spotlight #13 - Urban Park Perks' Research Rounded Up & Rated - May 2013
- Spotlight #12 - Putting production from peatlands in perspective - March 2013
- Spotlight #11 - Power, discrimination and gender equality - November 2012
- Spotlight #10 - For Peat's Sake - October 2012
- Spotlight #9 - Self Interest Can Conserve Forests - July 2012
- Spotlight #8 - Combatting Climate Change Comprehensively - June 2012
- Spotlight #7 - Setting an 'Earthy' Standard - April 2012
- Spotlight #6 - Putting Experts to the Test - March 2012
- Spotlight #5 - Forests - Medicine for Body and Soul - February 2012
- Spotlight #4 - The Carbon Conundrum - January 2012
- Spotlight #3 - End Trade in Detrimental Ornamentals to Save Forests - December 2011
- Spotlight #2 - Traditional Forest-Related Knowledge: Sustaining Communities, Ecosystems and Biocultural Diversity - November 2011
- Spotlight #1 - President's Message: Forest research matters - November 2011