6.06.00 - Forest, trees and human health and wellbeing
The main objective of the Research Group is to increase the knowledge about the contribution that forests, trees and natural places make, and might make, to the health and well-being. The benefit will be a better understanding and improved description and evaluation of processes and pathways linking forests to human health and well-being.
Secondary objectives are:
- To identify and record key lessons from national research and initiatives to promote forests and health,
- To set out the key health priorities identified within the different countries and the possibility for forestry to contribute to meeting them,
- To prepare a state-of-the art report
- To join efforts to set up innovative, international research and development projects within this field,
- To engage health policy interests in the identification of information gaps in this field,
- To develop a network of researchers and research institutions in forestry, health, environment and the social sciences.