Membership fees are paid annually.
For member organisations they consist of 2 components:
- A basic annual membership fee, plus
- An amount that depends on how many researchers are employed with the member organisation
According to IUFRO's Internal Regulations the basic annual membership fee for Member Organizations (1) is based on the World Bank List of Economies (June 2018) and amounts to:
- 132 EURO for low-income economies,
- 264 EURO for lower middle-income economies,
- 397 EURO for upper middle-income economies and
- 530 EURO for high-income economies.
Additionally (2) a membership organisation pays a minimum of 132 EURO. If more than 10 researchers are employed the additional amount increases by 132 EURO in steps of 10 researchers, starting with the 11th researcher. So for up to 10 researchers the additional amount is 132 EURO, for 11-20 researchers the additional amount is 264 EURO and so on.
Thus, the full minimum fee for any Member Organization is 264 EUR – this amount applies to an organisation from a low-income economy with up to 10 researchers. For a Member Organization from a high-income economy with up to 10 researchers the full fee amounts to 662 EUR.
The annual fee for individuals who are members - Associate Members - is 53 EURO for low-income and lower middle-income economies, and 106 Euro for upper middle-income and high-income economies.