Publications and references
The Social and Ecological Value Added of Small-Scale Forestry to the Bio-Economy; Bolzano, Italy; 6-9 October 2020. IUFRO Units involved: 4.05.00, 4.05.01, 4.05.02, 4.05.03, 4.05.04, 4.05.05, Task Force on Unlocking the Bioeconomy and Non-Timber Forest Products. Book of Abstracts - Presentation by IUFRO President Dr. J Parrotta
- Maria Nijnik, Laura Secco, David Miller, Mariana Melnykovych (eds.) 2019. Social innovation to increase the well-being of forest-dependent communities and promote sustainability in remote rural areas; Special Issue of Forest Policy and Economics. May 2019.
The research papers of the Issue on ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/project/Special-Issue-of-Forest-Policy-and-Economics-on-Social-Innovation-in-forest-dependent-communities
- Nijnik M, Secco L, Miller D, Melnykovych M 2019. Can social innovation make a difference to forest-dependent communities? Forest Policy and Economics. Volume 100, March 2019, Pages 207-213 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2019.01.001
- Sarkki S, Ficko A, Miller D, Barlagne C, Melnykovych M, Jokinen M, Soloviy I, Nijnik M, 2019. Human values as catalysts and consequences of social innovations Forest Policy and EconomicsVolume 104, July 2019, Pages 33-44 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2019.03.006
- Secco L, Pisani E, Da Re R, Rogelja T, Burlando C, Pettenella D, Masiero M, Miller D, Nijnik M 2019. Towards developing a method to evaluate social innovation in forest-dependent communities: a science-stakeholders collaboration, Forest Policy and EconomicsVolume 104, July 2019, Pages 9-22 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2019.03.011
- Kluvánková T, Špaček M, Brnkalakova S, Slee B, Nijnik M, Valero D, Miller D, Bryce R, Szabo T, Kozova M, Gezik V 2018. Understanding social innovation for well-being of forest dependent communities: a preliminary theoretical framework, Forest Policy and Economics Volume 97, December 2018, Pages 163-174 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2018.09.016
- Ludvig A, Weiss G, Sarkki S, Nijnik M, Zivojinovic I., 2018. Mapping European and forest related policies supporting social innovation for rural settings Forest Policy and Economics Volume 97, December 2018, Pages 146-152 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2018.09.015
- Melnykovych M, Nijnik M, Soloviy I, Nijnik A, Sarkki S, Bihun Y, 2018. Social-ecological innovation in remote mountain areas: adaptive responses of forest-dependent communities to the challenges of a changing world. Science of the Total Environment Volumes 613–614, 894–906 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.07.065
- Nijnik M, Nijnik A, Sarkki S, Muñoz-Rojas J, Miller D, Kopiy S, 2018. Is forest related decision-making in European treeline areas socially innovative? A Q-methodology enquiry into the perspectives of international experts. Forest Policy and Economics Volume 92, July 2018, Pages 210-219 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2018.01.001
- IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress Spotlight #47 – Remote forest-dependent communities can benefit through social innovation; http://blog.iufro.org/2017/07/27/httpwww-iufro-orgdownloadfile269025157anniversary-congress-spotlight47-social-innovation-d4_pdf/
- Sarkki S, Ficko A, Melnykovych M, Barlagne C, Nijnik M, Jokinen M, Miller D, Soloviy I (in press). What are social innovations in social-ecological systems? Four cases of European forest dependent communities, Forest Policy and Economics
- Bock, B.B., 2016. Rural marginalisation and the role of social innovation: a turn towards nexogenous development and rural reconnection. Sociologia Ruralis 56 (4): 552-573.