Publications and references
Video recordings of online events
- Wood in Cultural Heritage: World Wood Day Symposium and The Fifth IUFRO Forest Products Culture Research Group Colloquium; online; 21-22 Mar 2023. Units involved: 5.15.00, 9.03.02. Opening speech by Howard Rosen
- Trees for Good Forum: Challenges, opportunities, and sustainability for trees and wood environment in the desert - Event at the Expo Dubai 2020; online; 21 March 2022; 10:00-14:00. Units involved: 5.15.00, 5.15.01. Short dance
- The 2022 World Wood Day Online Symposium and The Fourth IUFRO Forest Products Culture Colloquium: Trees and Non-Wood Forest Products: Challenges, Opportunities and Sustainability; online; 21-22 March 2022. IUFRO Units involved: 5.00.00, 5.15.00, 9.03.02. Video recording
- World Wood Day VII "Change"; Graz and Stübing, Austria; 19-24 March 2019. World Wood Day Highlights (Video) - World Wood Day 2019 Austria - Austrian Open Air Museum Stübing, Overview (Video)
- 2015 World Wood Day Video Contest - Winning entry: http://www.worldwoodday.org/2015/regions_event/96?p=141020862
Green, Harvey, Wood: Craft, Culture, History, Viking Penguin, 464pp. (2006)
NEW: The International Journal of Wood Culture
The International Journal of Wood Culture (IJWC) publishes papers on all aspects of wood and other plant materials such as bamboo, rattan, and bark and their role in art, culture and society in the past, present and future. IJWC was initiated as Wood Culture Journal in 2011 by the International Wood Culture Society (IWCS), a non-profit organization based in California, USA, and committed to the research, education and promotion of wood culture. IWCS and World Wood Day Foundation are the current sponsors of IJWC.
IJWC is a full Open Access journal and uses Editorial Manager for online submission. The Editor-in-Chief is Harvey Green, Northeastern University (emeritus professor), Boston, MA, USA. IUFRO officeholders Michael Grabner and Charlotte Chia-Hua are members of the editorial board.
Volumes published in this journal are listed at: https://brill.com/view/journals/ijwc/ijwc-overview.xml?language=en&msclkid=87801074d10e11ec8ccf29ee766c1fed
The University of Bio-Bio, Department of Wood Engineering, offers researchers from all areas of wood science and technology the opportunity to publish in English or Spanish free-of-charge in the open-access international journal Maderas-Cienc Tecnol (ISSN 0717-3644 and e-ISSN 0718-221X) which is indexed in ISI-Thomson Reuters, Scopus-Elsevier, Scielo, etc. Link: http://www.revistamaderas.cl/
Links to other information resources
1st and 2nd International Conference on Wood Culture: