Activities and events
TF Climate Change and Forest Health
Introduction to the Task Force events
Small meetings among TF members are organized back to back with other events, in particular:
- GREEN2018 conference in Zagreb, Croatia (June 2018)
- international conference Sustainable Forestry in a Changing World in Bucharest, Romania (18-21 September, 2018)
- a side event was organized during the United Nations Forum for Forests (UNFF12) in New York (1 May 2017) under the title 'Healthy forests for a prosperous environment: the multi-faceted aspects of forest degradation',
- the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress in Freiburg, Germany (19-22 September 2017)
- the IUFRO Asia Oceania regional congress in Beijing, China (24-27 October 2016)
- the World Forestry Congress in Durban, South Africa (7-11 September 2015),
- the RG 7.01 conference in Nice, France (2-5 June 2015).
- TF session at the conference on Adaptive Management for Forested Landscapes in Transformation;1-8 October 2018, Posadas Misiones, Argentina.
- TF session 191 Climate change and forest health: insights from the IUFRO Task Force; 125th IUFRO Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; 18 September 2017.
- Side Event at the 12th Session of the United Nations Forum on Forests "Healthy forests for a prosperous environment: the multi-faceted aspect of forest degradation"; Trusteeship Chamber, UN Headquarters in New York; 1 May 2017, 13:15-14:45. Flyer
- Sustainable restoration of Mediterranean forests - Analysis and perspective within the context of bio-based economy development under global changes; Palermo, Italy; 19-21 April 2017. Units involved: 1.06.00, 3.02.00, Task Force on Forest Adaptation and Restoration under Global Change, Task Force on Climate Change and Forest Health. Conference homepage - Report
- In 2017, two events are scheduled with an aim of finalizing the papers and defining topical subjects for continuation of the TF until the next IUFRO World Congress in Curitiba, Brazil (2019), if the IUFRO Board will approve a continuation or modification of the mandate after two years.
- The third TF meeting in Istanbul (http://www.foresthealth2016.com/#!program/qvloq), was cancelled due to safety issues and will be rather held in Beijing, as a session during the IUFRO Asia Oceania regional congress (24-27 October 2016, http://www.iufro-ao2016.org/en/).
- Second TF meeting at the World Forestry Congress in Durban, South Africa (10 September 2015), where a presentation was given (link). A meeting with Rod Keenan and Pierre Bernier (M2 module) discussed the briefs to be prepared after each publication.
- First TF meeting in Nice, France (Monday 1st June, 2015 at 18:00-19:30, Room Charleston, Palais de la Mediterranee (http://iufro-nice2015.com/Howtoreachus.php). Module leaders were invited to give a short presentation (<10 min) about the job to be done and how. Minutes of the meeting
Send comments to Elena Paoletti (Task Force Coordinator)