Activities and events
i-Tree is a state-of-the-art, peer-reviewed software suite from the USDA Forest Service that provides urban and rural forestry analysis and benefits assessment tools. The i-Tree tools can help strengthen forest management and advocacy efforts by quantifying forest structure and the environmental benefits that trees provide.
Since the initial release of the i-Tree Tools in August 2006, thousands of communities, non-profit organizations, consultants, volunteers and students around the world have used i-Tree to report on individual trees, parcels, neighborhoods, cities, and even entire states. By understanding the local, tangible ecosystem services that trees provide, i-Tree users can link forest management activities with environmental quality and community livability. Whether your interest is a single tree or an entire forest, i-Tree provides baseline data that you can use to demonstrate value and set priorities for more effective decision-making.
Developed by USDA Forest Service and numerous cooperators, i-Tree Tools are freely available. The U.S. Forest Service, Davey Tree Expert Company, National Arbor Day Foundation, Society of Municipal Arborists, International Society of Arboriculture, and Casey Trees have entered into a cooperative partnership to further develop, disseminate and provide technical support for the suite. You are invited to explore this site to learn more about how i-Tree can make a difference in your community or forest.
3rd European i-Tree Conference; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; 18-19 November 2020. Conference homepage
- 22nd European Forum on Urban Forestry - Urban Forests: Full of Energy; Cologne, Germany; 22-25 May 2019. Conference homepage
- European Forum on Urban Forestry conference EFUF 2018: Increasing cities, decreasing green areas - Challenge to urban forests and green professionals; Helsinki, Finland; 15-19 May 2018. Conference homepage
- Session on Urban forestry for quality of life - the impacts of research on everyday practices during the IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; 18-22 September 2017
- EFUF2017 - Urban Forest Boundaries - Within, between and beyond the city; Barcelona, Spain; 31 May - 2 June 2017. Conference homepage
- 18th European Forum on Urban Forestry - EFUF: Connecting the Street Tree to the Forest – Strengthening Nature for Urban Living; Brussels, Belgium; 9–13 June 2015. Conference homepage - 1st announcement
- Malaysia Urban Green Space & IFPRA Asia Pacific Conference 2014: Parks as Melting Pots & Venues for Environmental Learning; Penang, Malaysia; 24-28 June 2014. Conference announcement
- International Conference on Urban Tree Diversity; Alnarp, Sweden; 16-18 June 2014. Conference homepage
- 17th European Forum on Urban Forestry - EFUF; Lausanne, Switzerland; 3-7 June 2014. Conference homepage - Report - Summary
- ISA European Conference of Arboriculture; Turin, Italy; 26-28 May 2014. Conference homepage
- 16th European Forum on Urban Forestry; Milan, Italy; 7-10 May 2013. Conference homepage
- Urban Forests & Political Ecologies: Celebrating Transdisciplinarity; Toronto, ON, Canada; 18-20 April 2013. Conference homepage
- Urban Forestry Conference 2012 - Forests and Parks: Communicating Messages for Sustainability; Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia; 2-6 October 2012. Conference announcement
- Forests for Cities, Forests for People – perspectives on urban forest governance; Zagreb, Croatia, 27-28 September 2012. Conference homepage - Call for abstracts
- 15th European Forum on Urban Forestry: Urban Forests - Ecosystem Services and Sustainable Management; Leipzig, Germany; 8-12 May 2012. Conference homepage - Conference call
- International Workshop on Urban and Periurban Forest in Mediterranean Countries and FAO Meeting for the Development of the International and Regional Guidelines for Urban and Peri-Urban Forestry; Florence, Italy; 16-17 December 2011. 3rd conference announcement
- 14th IUFRO European Forum on Urban Forestry; Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom; 1-4 June 2011. Conference homepage
- Managing the Urban Rural Interface: Strategies and Tools for Urban Development and Sustainable Peri-urban Land Use Relationships; Copenhagen, Denmark; 19-21 October 2010. Conference homepage - Call for Papers
- International Conference for Urban Forestry in Challenging Environments (ICUFCE 2010); Beijing, China; 29 August - 1 September 2010. Conference homepage - 1st Call for Abstracts
- XXIII IUFRO World Congress; 23-28 August 2010; Seoul, Korea. Presentation at 6.14.00 business meeting
- EFUF 2010: "Urban People Meet Urban Forests"; Tulln/Donau, Austria; 25-29 May 2010. Conference homepage
- International cooperation in forest sector: balancing education, science and industry; Yoshkar-Ola, Russia, 2-5 June 2009; Conference homepage
- 12th European Forum on Urban Forestry; Arnhem, Netherlands, 27-30 May 2009; Conference homepage
- Urban Forestry and Emergency Management workshop/Curso silvicultura urbana: establecimiento y manejo del arbolado; Concepción, Chile; 27-28 May 2011. Workshop homepage - Flyer
- International Conference on Landscape Ecology and Forest Management: Challenges and Solutions; Chengdu, Sichuan, China; 16-22 September 2008. Units involved: 6.14.00, 8.01.02, Task Force on Forests and Water Interactions 2006-2010. Conference homepage
- Conference 'Forest Recreation and Tourism serving Urbanized Societies' (also the 11th European Forum on Urban Forestry (EFUF); Hämeenlinaa, Finland; 28-31 May 2008;
Conference Program: http://www.metla.fi/tapahtumat/2008/recreation-tourism/programme.htm
- Urban Forestry session at IUFRO Division 6 Symposium, "Integrative Science for Integrated Management"; Sääriselkä, Finland, 14-20 August 2007;
This event included a session hosted by IUFRO 6.14.00 on urban forestry. Title of the session is: "Integrating Social and Cultural Information in Urban Forest Planning and Management". You can find the session's programme at: http://www.metla.fi/tapahtumat/2007/iufro-d6/abstracts/konijnendijk-schedule.html
- Methods of Assessing Urban Forest Structure; Honolulu, Hawaii, USA; 31 July 2007 (held in conjunction with 83rd ISA Annual Conference (July 28 - August 1, 2007) - Call for Papers
- European i-Tree Conference;
Alnarp, Sweden, 12 March 2015;
- Urban Forestry in Transition;
Tartu, Estonia, 9-11 October 2013;
- Water Landscapes and Urbanization: design, ecology and management
St Petersburg, Russia; 5-7 June 2013;
- Canadian Urban Forest Conference
London, Ontario, Canada; 2-4 October 2012;
- 12th European Forum on Urban Forestry - Changing city, changing forest
Amsterdam, The Netherlands; 27-30 May 2009;
More information will become available at http://www.efuf.org
- 4th International Conference on Monitoring and Management of Visitor Flows in Recreational and Protected Areas (MMV4)
Italy; 14-19 October 2008;
For further information see http://www.mmv4.org
- COST Action E39 "Forests, Trees and Human Health and Wellbeing"
Hamar, Norway; 28-30 August 2008;
For more information see http://www.e39.ee/?News:Conference_in_Norway
- FAO International Meeting on Urban and Peri-Urban Forestry, Trees Connecting People, In Action Together
Bogotá, Colombia; 29 July - 1 August 2008;
Further information at http://km.fao.org/uploads/media/BogotaEN.pdf
- ISA European Congress of Aboriculture
Turin, Italy; 16-18 June 2008;
Information about this event is provided at http://www.isaeuropeancongress.eu/.
- International conference "Enjoy and Protect our Forests"
Fontainebleau, France; 17-18 October 2007;
For further information, visit: http://www.progress-eu.info/
- Conference 'The History, Ecology and Archaeology of Medieval Parks and Parklands'
Sheffield, UK; 17-19 September 2007;
More information about this event is available at: http://www.ukeconet.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=26 (co-sponsored by IUFRO Working Party 6.07.02)
- International conference, "Landscape Management - Present and Future"
Brno, Czech Republic; 13-14 September 2007;
You can obtain further information from Mr. Petr Hruza at the Mendel University of Brno, petrhr(at)mendelu.cz
- Conference 'Urban Wildspaces'
Sheffield, UK; 7 September 2007;
More information at: http://www.ieem.org.uk/Urban%20Wildscape%20flyer%20and%20booking%20form1.pdf
- 44th IFLA World Congress, "Edening the Earth"
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; 27-30 August 2007;
Conference information at: http://www.ifla2007.com/