Activities and events
As a new Working Party, activities are now under development with the following tentative ideas and rough timeline:
- Publish results of study (completed) on member scientists’ communications with the press in 2011/2012
- Develop recommendations for improving communications about forest science by IUFRO members - Workshop and business meeting in 2011 SE Europe (timed with Division 9 meeting) and release in 2013
- Develop guide book of best practices for social media and other advances in communicating forest science - Workshop in 2012 in Latin America (timed with Division 9 meeting) and publication in 2014
- Conduct study of IUFRO communications and forest policy - Workshop in 2014, publication in 2015
- XXV IUFRO World Congress; Curitiba, Brazil; Session
"Delivering and Communicating Forest Science for People and a Greener Future"; 1 October 2019
Session info; for presentations made in Curitiba, please visit https://www.iufro.org/science/divisions/division-9/90000/90100/90102/publications/
- IUFRO 125th Anniversary Congress; Freiburg, Germany; Session
- "Connecting People to Forest Science: Innovative Communication Approaches for Delivering Science"; 20 September 2017; Session flyer.
Participation in a sub-plenary session organized by the UNECE-FAO Forest Communicator’s Network and IUFRO "Communicating with Einstein - about forest facts, feelings and fake news"; 20 September 2017.
- Forest Communication Meeting - Joint Meeting with UNECE-FAO Forest Communicators Network; Portland, Oregon, USA; 29 August – 1 September 2016. Conference homepage - Call for presentation proposals - Agenda - Report Working Party - Report General Meeting - Workshop Summary
Link to registration form: www.iufro.org/joint-forest-communicators-workshop-2016-registration/
- IUFRO WP Communication and Public Relations Meeting; Barcelona, Spain; 20-22 May 2015. Held back to back with the annual meeting of the UNECE/FAO Forest Communicators' Network. 1st announcement
- All-Division 9 Conference; Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina; 9-11 May 2012: 9.01.02 Technical Session and Business Meeting.
- Training Workshop "Communicating Forest Research – Making Science Work for Policy and Management"; Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, China; 4 and 5 November 2011. Units involved: IUFRO-SPDC, 9.01.02. Workshop homepage
Send comments to Ewa Hermanowicz (Coordinator)