3.04.00 - Forest operations management
TOR Terms of reference
Analysis, design, control, and continuous improvement of business processes, such as procurement, order fullfillment, distribution, monitoring and control within firms and business to business (B2B) networks. Measurement and analysis of internal processes with emphasis on effectiveness, efficiency, and quality. Quantitative models to map and solve related problems of scheduling, inventory, shipment routing, or facility location.
State of Knowledge
Encyclopedia of Forest Sciences
- DAHLIN, B. and D. FJELD. 2004. Logistics in Forest Operations. In Encyclopedia of Forest Sciences, J. BURLEY, J. EVANS, and J. YOUNGQUIST, Editors. Elsevier Academic Press: Amsterdam, etc. p. 645-649.
- MIKKONEN, E. 2004. Forest Operations Management. In Encyclopedia of Forest Sciences, J. BURLEY, J. EVANS, and J. YOUNGQUIST, Editors. Elsevier Academic Press: Amsterdam, etc. p. 658-663.
- ACKOFF, R.L. Operations Research [Accessed 11-04-2006]. Operations Research. Encyclopaedia Brittanica. Available from online: [link to document]
- CHURCH, R.L., A.T. MURRAY, and A. WEINTRAUB. 1998. Locational issues in forest management. Location Science. 6 (1-4): 137-53.
- EPSTEIN, R., et al. 1999. Use of OR systems in the Chilean forest industries. Interfaces. 29 (1): 7-29.
- MARTELL, D.L., E.A. GUNN, and A. WEINTRAUB. 1998. Forest management challenges for operational researchers. European Journal of Operational Research. 104 (1): 1-17.
- WEINTRAUB, A. 1996. Natural Resources. In Encyclopedia of operations research and management science, S.I. GASS and C.M. HARRIS, Editors. Kluwer: Boston [etc.]. p. 427-431.
- WEINTRAUB, A. and B.B. BARE. 1996. New issues in forest land management from an operations research perspective. Interfaces. 26 (5): 9-33.
- WEINTRAUB, A., et al. 2000a. Forest management models and combinatorial algorithms: analysis of state of the art. Annals of Operations Research. 96: 271-85.
- WEINTRAUB, A.P., et al. 2000b. The impact of environmental constraints on short term harvesting: use of planning tools and mathematical models. Annals of Operations Research. 95: 41-66.
- WRIGHT, S.J. Optimization [Accessed 11-04-2006]. Optimization. Encyclopaedia Brittanica. Available from online: [link to document]
- BJÖRHEDEN, R., et al. 1995. Forest Work Study Nomenclature. Test Edition. SLU, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. Department of Operational Efficiency. Garpenberg, Sweden. 16 p. [go to document]