Publications and references
- COVID-19-induced visitor boom reveals the importance of forests as critical infrastructure
Authors: Jakob Derks, Lukas Giessen, Georg Winkel. Forest Policy and Economics, Volume 118, September 2020.
- International and multi-disciplinary scientific conference "Forest policy and governance: Analyses in the environmental social sciences"; Bogor, Indonesia; 4–6 October 2016. Units involved: 9.00.00, 9.05.00.
- Book of Abstracts
- Forest policy and governance: Taking stock of multiple environmental social sciences; Edited by Dodik R. Nurrochmat, Eny W. Astuti, Lukas Giessen, Ahmad Maryudi. Forest Policy and Economics, Volume 91, Pages 1-116 (June 2018). https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/forest-policy-and-economics/vol/91/suppl/C
- 1st International Forest Policy Meeting; Hann. Münden, Germany; 16-18 March 2016. Presentations (28 MB, ZIP); Special feature in Forest Policy and Economics: Trends in European forest policy research - Selection of the 1st International Forest Policy Meeting: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/forest-policy-and-economics/vol/83
- From governance to government: The strengthened role of state bureaucracies in forest and agricultural certification. Lukas Giessen, Sarah Burns, Muhammad Alif K. Sahide, Agung Wibowo. Policy and Society Volume 35, Issue 1, Pages 71–89 (March 2016).
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.polsoc.2016.02.001. The report brings together findings from a number of more detailed studies on:
- Voluntary and mandatory palm oil certification in Indonesia, see: http://journal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/jmht/article/view/10798
- FSC and PEFC certification in Argentina, see: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264837715003968
- Stakeholders' preferences in forest certification in Indonesia, see: http://mail.student.ipb.ac.id/index.php/jmht/article/download/10366/8082
- Defining and assessing forest governance. Definitions of forest governance from a research perspective. Lukas Giessen and Gerard Buttoud. February 2015. PDF
- International Seminar "Assessing Forest Governance in a Context of Change"; Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina; 9-11 May 2012. Book of Abstracts
- Primmer Eeva and Kyllönen Simo. 2006. Goals for Public Participation Implied by Sustainable Development, and the Preparatory Process of the Finnish National Forest Programme. Forest Policy and Economics. 8(8) 838-853.
- Wolf, Steven, A. and Primmer, Eeva. 2006. Between incentives and action: A Pilot Study of Biodiversity Conservation Competencies for Multifunctional Forest Management in Finland. Society and Natural Resources. 19(9): 845-861.
- Rantala Tapio and Primmer Eeva 2003. Value Positions Based on Forest Policy Stakeholders' Rhetoric in Finland. Environmental Science and Policy. 6(3): 205-216.
Send comments to Lukas Giessen (Coordinator)