Publications and references
- Special Issue of forests "Managing Forests and Water for People under a Changing Environment"; Editors: Dr. Ge Sun, US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center; Prof. Dr. Kevin Bishop, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet, Swedish University of Agricultural Science; Dr. Silvio Ferraz, Forest Hydrology Laboratory (LHF), Forest Sciences Department—ESALQ/USP, University of São Paulo; Prof. Dr. Julia Jones, College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University. https://www.mdpi.com/journal/forests/special_issues/Forests_Water
- Forest and Water on a Changing Planet: Vulnerability, Adaptation and Governance Opportunities. A Global Assessment Report. 2018. Editors: Irena F. Creed and Meine van Noordwijk; https://www.iufro.org/science/gfep/gfep-initiative/panel-on-forests-and-water/
- Vegetation cover - another dominant factor in determining global water resources in forested regions. Wei, X., Q. Li, et al. 2017., Glob Change Biol. DOI:10.1111/gcb.13983
- Special issue of Ecosistemas, Vol 26, No (2), 2017. May-August Issue. "Bosques, suelo y agua: explorando sus interacciones". http://www.revistaecosistemas.net/index.php/ecosistemas/issue/view/51
- A global review on hydrological responses to forest change across multiple spatial scales: Importance of scale, climate, forest type and hydrological regime. Mingfang Zhang, Ning Liu, Richard Harper, Qiang Li, Kuan Liu, Xiaohua Wei, Dingyuan Ning, Yiping Hou, Shirong Liu. Journal of Hydrology 546 (2017) 44–59. Elsevier, http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jhydrol
- 4th International Conference on Forests and Water in a Changing Environment; Kelowna, BC, Canada; 6-9 July 2015. Units involved: 8.01.07, TF on Forest and Water Interactions/TF on Forests, Soil and Water Interactions. Book of Abstracts
- International Conference on Responses of Forests and Adaptation Management to Climate Change; Yichun, Heilongjiang, China; 8-10 August 2011. Editorial review of Forest Ecology and Management special issue
- Special issue of ECOHYDROLOGY on Forest Ecohydrological Processes in a Changing Environment; 2011 (Volume 4, Issue No. 2). It included 16 papers on various topics.
- Special issue of the Journal of the American Water Resources Association on Forest Hydrology in China; October 2008 (Volume 44, No. 5). It included 11 papers on Chinese Forest Hydrology. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1752-1688.2008.00248.x
FAO, IUFRO and USDA. 2021. A guide to forest-water management. FAO Forestry Paper No. 185. Rome. https://www.fao.org/documents/card/en/c/cb6473en
Zhang, M., Wei, X. 2021. Deforestation, Forestation, and Water supply. Science, 371(6533), 990-991. Deforestation, forestation, and water supply | Science
Wei, X., Li, Q., Zhang, M., Giles-Hansen, K., Liu, W., Fan, Hou., Wang, Y., Zhou, G., Piao, S., Liu, S. 2018. Vegetation cover ‐ another dominant factor in determining global water resources in forested regions. Glob Change Biol. DOI:10.1111/gcb.13983
Zhang, M., Liu, N., Harper, R., Li, Q., Liu, K., Wei, X., Ning, D., Hou, Y., Liu, S. 2017. A global review on hydrological responses to forest change across multiple spatial scales: Importance of scale, climate, forest type and hydrological regime. Journal of Hydrology 546, 44–59. Elsevier, http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jhydrol
Vose, J. M., G. Sun, C.R. Ford, M. Bredemeier, K. Ostsuki, X. Wei, Z.Q. Zhang, L. Zhang, C.A. Dolloff and C. Trettin. 2011. Forest ecohydrological research in the 21st century: what are the critical needs? Ecohydrology, 4:277-287.
Hydroecology and ecohydrology: past, present, and future / edited by Paul J. Wood, David M. Hannah, and Jonathan P. Sadler. Published in 2007.
Wei, X., G. Sun, S. Liu, H. Jiang, G. Zhou and L. Dai. 2008. The forest-stream relationship in China: a 40-year retrospect. Journal of American Water Resources Association, 44(5):1076-1085.