Mainstreaming Landscape Thinking for Restoration Impact in Natural Resources Management Education in the South Asia Region
17-19 October 2022
Download Workshop Report: pdf
The workshop was organised by the International Union of Forest Research Organizations under its Special Programme for Development of Capacities (IUFRO-SPDC) in cooperation with the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy (IGNFA), the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), and Wageningen University and Research (WUR).
The workshop was intended to bring together educators from the South Asia region (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand) to discuss current natural resources management education in view of the increasing demand for knowledge and expertise in landscape restoration.
More specifically, the workshop aimed at the following:
• Take stock of restoration as a teaching subject in the existing natural resources management education system of the different countries,
• Describe how restoration is being taught at different education levels,
• Evaluate the effectiveness of these current programmes in terms of producing professionals with the relevant restoration knowledge and skills,
• Explore options for mainstreaming landscape restoration in existing education programmes, and
• Outline potential follow-up activities on restoration in terms of teacher’s training, course development and amendments to the structures and organisation of existing education programmes.
|Bangladesh: Forest Landscape Restoration in Bangladesh - pdf
|Bhutan: Bhutan Ecological Society (BES) - pdf
|India: Central Academy for State Forest Service - pdf
|India: Restructuring of Forestry Curriculum as per NEP, 2020 - pdf
|Myanmar: Forest Landscape Restoration in Myanmar - pdf
|Nepal: Integration of Ecosystem Restoration in the Higher Education: A case of Community based Forest Management in Nepal - pdf
|Nepal: Mainstreaming Landscape Thinking for Restoration NRM Education in South East Asia - pdf
|Sril Lanka: Forest Landscape Restoration Education in Sri Lanka - pdf
|Sri Lanka: Forest Landscape Restoration - Agenda and Training in Sri Lanka - pdf