Special Programme for Development of Capacities
IUFRO's support to forest science in economically disadvantaged countries is implemented via the following four programme components:
The mission of the Special Programme for Development of Capacities (in short IUFRO-SPDC, formerly "Special Programme for Developing Countries) is "to expand and foster forest research capacity in developing and economically disadvantaged countries".
According to the programme's strategy the IUFRO-SPDC activities cover the following five priority areas:
- Enhancing core scientific competence;
- Improving information management and dissemination;
- Enhancing science contribution to policy processes;
- Promoting communication and multi-stakeholder learning processes,
- Providing institutional support to regional forest research networks.