University Courses, Summer Schools and Webinars
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, many events worldwide are either postponed or completely cancelled.
Once informed about postponements or cancellations by organizers, IUFRO will update its Noticeboard immediately.
However, if you are a registered participant in one of the events listed below, please double-check with the event organizers or the event websites to learn whether the event will be held on the dates planned, before making any travel arrangements. Please note that IUFRO cannot be held liable for any forfeited travel costs incurred.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
MSU Forestry non-credit online course offerings - Fall '21/Spring '22
The Michigan State University Department of Forestry is pleased to offer the following non-credit course options for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 for individuals interested in online, self-paced learning. These courses are a great fit for those looking to expand their knowledge on topics of forestry outside of a degree-granting program.
- Forest Carbon Policy, Economics and Finance, Fall Semester 2021: Sept 1 - Dec 12
- Forest Ecosystems, Carbon and Climate Change, Fall Semester 2021: Sept 1 - Dec 12
- Human Dimensions of Forest Carbon Management, Spring Semester 2022: Jan 10 - May 1, 2022
- Measurement and Monitoring of Forest Carbon, Spring Semester 2022: Jan 10 - May 1, 2022
- Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Forests and the Environment, Fall Semester 2021: Sept 1 - Dec 12
- Socioeconomics of Bioproducts, Fall Semester 2021: Sept 1 - Dec 12
- Short course: Understanding Forest Carbon Management, March 15 - June 15 / July 15 - October 15 / November 15 - February 15
- Mini Course: Forest Certification and Climate Change, March 9 - June 9 / July 9 - October 9 / November 9 - February 9
Organizers: Department of Forestry, Michigan State University
2020-21 Forest-Climate Working Group (FCWG) Learning Exchange Series
The Michigan State University Forest Carbon and Climate Program (MSU FCCP) is pleased to announce the 2020-21 Forest-Climate Working Group (FCWG) Learning Exchange Series. This year’s lineup includes a variety of speakers on topics such as land management, restoration, business perspectives, and carbon in contexts like agriculture and urban forests.
Date: 7 October 2020 / 4 November / 2 December 2020 / 6 January 2021 / 3 February / 3 March / 7 April / 5 May / 2 June 2021; 3:00-4:00 pm EST
Organizers: Michigan State Forest Carbon and Climate Program, Forest-Climate Working Group, Michigan State University