Publications and references
Newsletter 2/2014, December 2014
Newsletter 1/2014, December 2013
Newsletter 2/2013, December 2013
Newsletter 1/2013, June 2013
Newsletter 2/2012, January 2013
Newsletter 1/2012, June 2012
Newsletter 2/2011, January 2012: Forest food, herbs and human health
Newsletter 1/2011, September 2011: From Forest to Pharmacy
Newsletter 1/2009, July 2009: Health Impact Assessment in forest-related projects
Colfer, C. (ed). 2008. Human Health and Forests. A Global Overview of Issues, Practice and Policy. People and Plants International. Conservation Series. In cooperation with CIFOR, Center for Int’l Forestry Research, in Bogor, Indonesia. http://www.earthscan.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=1487
Other Task Force publications
- ForHealth Report (as published in IUFRO News Vol. 36, Issue 9, 2007)
- ForHealth Annual Report 2007
Click here to download the poster presented at the 2007 COST E39 conference (file size 3 MB, PDF)
Steering Committee Meetings
- Steering Committee Meeting; Marrakech, Morroco: 30 April 2008
Minutes of the Steering 2008 Committee Meeting
- Steering Committee Meeting; Saariselkä, Finland; 16 August 2007
Minutes of the 2007 Steering Committee Meeting
- Maller, C., Townsend, M., Brown, P., Leger, L. St. 2002. Healthy Parks Healthy People. The Health Benefits of Contact with Nature in a Park Context. An Annotated Bibliography. Social and Mental Health Priority Area. Volume Two. Occasional paper series. Report to Parks Victoria and the International Park Strategic Partners Group. (pdf)
- Colfer, C. (ed). 2008. Human Health and Forests. A Global Overview of Issues, Practice and Policy. People and Plants International. Conservation Series.
- Colfer, C., Sheil D. & Kishi, M. 2006. Forests and human health. Assessing the evidence. CIFOR Occasional Paper No. 45. 111 p. (pdf)
- Health Council of the Netherlands and Dutch Advisory Council for Research on Spatial Planning, Nature and the Environment. 2004. Nature and Health. The influence of nature on social, psychological and physical well-being. The Hague: Health Council of the Netherlands and RMNO, 2004; publication no. 2004/09E; RMNO publication nr A02ae. (pdf)
- The Second advisory report on Nature and Health for the Dutch government. 2007. English Summary (pdf)
- Morris, N. 2003. Health, Well-Being and Open Space. Openspace. (pdf)
* mental health benefits, literature review
- Nilsson, K., Baines, C. & Konijnendijk, C.C. (eds.). 2007. Final report of the COST Strategic Workshop on Health and the Natural Outdoors. (pdf)
* A COST Strategic Workshop was held in April 2007 in Larnaca, Cyprus. Its purpose was to identify the extent of knowledge in this field and the implications for policy and for future research. The Workshop found that nature-based approaches can contribute significantly to health objectives in Europe.
- O’Brien, L. 2005. Trees and woodlands: Nature's health service. UK Forest Research. (pdf)
* Information and evidence supporting the use and enjoyment of woodlands and green spaces to improve people’s overall health and well-being.
- Perlis, A. (ed). 2006. Forests and human health. Unasylva no 224, vol 57, 2006/2.
- Semour, L. 2003. Nature and psychological well-being. English Nature Research Reports. Report Number 533. (pdf)
- Tabbush, P. & O’Brien, L. 2003. Health and well-being: Trees, Woodlands and Natural Spaces. UK Forest Research. (pdf)
* Summary of expert consultations on the connections between woodlands and the natural environment and public health and well-being held in England,Scotland and Wales during 2002
- World Health Organization. 2005. Ecosystems and Human Well-being: Health Synthesis. Millenium Ecosystem Assessment. (pdf)
* The report looks at how ecosystem change and various management decisions affect human health, and considers the role of ecosystems in achieving the Millennium Development Goals with a particular focus on health.
Please visit the TF Portal for the latest updates.